3

Awsten's car was nice, except the fact there was CDs everywhere. He put in ' Welcome to the Black Parade' by MCR, and we both sang, no shouted, the lyrics to 'Teenagers.'

"You're a good singer" Awstn said. "I wasn't really singing, but oh well" was my response.

We ended up at McDonald's, and we went in and sat down. We both ordered our food, which Awsten insisted on paying for mine after winning a ten minute long argument about how he doesn't have to pay for my food.

After a long conversation about school, he leaned over the table and whispered- "umm, I don't want to pressure you, but you said that you would tell me about why you live with your grandparents. If you don't want to tell me, I understand."

Only Amie knew about this, but I trusted Awsten enough to tell him.

"Okay, so pretty much my parents have abused me since I was little, and when I was 13 I convinced my nana and papa to let me move in with them."

"Ohh that's horrible" he whispered, "but you're okay now, right?"

"Yeah I'm okay, I never see my parents anymore, so that's a plus."

After were both done eating, we drove back to his house. We noticed that Geoff and Otto's cars weren't parked in the driveway. Awsten and I walked into the house, Gracie, laying on the sofa, watching tv. She didn't even turn around to look at us, she just said " The boys left. They said something about you guys fighting, so they came back and told me to tell you that they went home."

"Oh wow, that was really low." Awsten said, his voice had quite a small rage to it.

"Oh, by the way," he said, "what time is your curfew?"

"11:30 on weekends and nights we don't have school and 10:30 on school nights."

I checked my phone and it was about 4:00 and my grandma told me to be home around 4:30. Why, I don't know.

"Uhh, Awsten, I better get going, my grandma wants me to be home in a half hour."

"I can drive you home, if you'd like?"

"Okay, if you insist." I smiled.

Then, once again, I found myself sitting in the passenger seat of Awsten Knight's car.