6

*a week after they start dating *

Dating Awsten was everything I dreamed it would be. We went on lots of dates, and I also went to a lot of band practices. Yeah, him and the boys finally made up. Awsten really charmed my nana and my papa, and they said that he was definitely a keeper.

One day I was at one of the band practices, when my nana called me on the phone. She knew I was at Awsten's house, so I don't know why she would be calling me. I let the phone ring, until they were done singing "Airplane Conversations" by themselves Waterparks. I thought it would be rude to answer my phone while they were singing. Once they were done I excused myself to go to the restroom, and when I did I called my grandma back. She answered on the first ring.

"Hello." she said, with worry in her voice.

"Nana! Sorry i couldn't call back, the boys were in the middle of a song. Wait- you sound scared. What's wrong?!"

"I need you home as soon as possible." She said. " See you soon."

I sighed, I hope this was for something useful, and not something stupid. But the way she acted on the phone, she never acts that way. Fuck, maybe something was wrong. I ran back upstairs to the practice room, where the boys were.

"Um, Awsten, can I talk to you in private, please?"

"Uh, sure."

"I'm sorry, but im going to have to walk home. My grandma called and she sounds nervous and she said she needs me home as soon as possible."

" I can take you home, Angelina."

"No, keep practicing with the boys. If I need anything, I will text you."

"Okay, see you soon."

And with that, I ran downstairs and ran out the door, leaving the boys and his family in suspense.

I ran home, and my grandma was siting with my papa on the sofa, crying.

"Nana, what's wrong?"

"It's your parents." My papa started.

My heart dropped to my stomach.

"We got a call from the cops saying, that they were put in jai for abusing you, because apparently they were telling their neighbours about how when they found out where you were they were gonna find you and kill you, and the neighbours called the cops. They were put in jail last night, and they've already escaped."

"Damn," I stated, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Don't worry, Angelina, we will keep you safe. Does Awsten know about your parents?" Asked my grandma.

"Yeah, he knows. i told him on the day he started talking to me."

"Oh okay. Why don't you go and get cleaned up and then come down for dinner."

I got in the shower, and then proceeded to go downstairs to meet my grandparents for dinner. Tonight's special was shrimp and Mac and Cheese. Yum.

We ate in silence, and we acted like nothing happened with my parents. They will get back in jail, anyways.

But what if they didn't. What if they came and killed me? What if they came and killed my papa? What if they killed my nana? What if they find out about Awsten and kill him? Too many thoughts were rushing though my head.

I went to bed, and I soon found out that tonight would be a night were I couldn't got to sleep. I stayed up, crying, and crying, until eventually I couldn't hold it in anymore. I needed to tell somebody else, and the first person that came to mind was Awsten.