Day 1 (Mike Morton x Reader)

("It will be fun, trust me!"- Day 1)

"It will be fun, trust me!"

You mockingly repeated Mike's words to yourself as you squatted at the top of the slide, glaring down at Joker who patiently waited for you to come down the slide. "Go away!!"

"Now, why would I do that? You're just going to slide down the moment I walk away!" Joker snickered out as he leaned against his rocket. He did have a point. "I got plenty of time to waste! Hah! With my trusty rocket, I'll terror-shock the lot of you before you know it!" He tauntingly said.

You let out an annoyed huff, guess you were stuck here. 'At least the others are completing the ciphers, We need two more anyways,' As the minutes' tick by, something caught your attention. By one of the pallets, you spotted a familiar tuft of blond hair along with a brown hat. You thought you would feel relieved seeing Mike, but instead, you felt annoyance and anger well up inside you. The reason you were on this slide in the first place was because of him!!!

Before the hunter had arrived, Mike had convinced you to go and give one of the slides a try. "It's a fun ride! I mean, when was the last time you've been on a slide this huge!" Mike said before he pushed himself down the slide, leaping off at the end and landing perfectly. Just as you were about to follow after him, Joker came charging in which scared Mike away and leaving you at the top of the slide.

Mike visibly shuddered when his eyes met with your glaring ones. He was one dead lad when the four of you make it back to the manor. Shaking off the shivers, he held up a red ball before gesturing for you to go down the slide. "I'll catch you when you slide down!" He mouthed to you with a thumbs up.

Was he crazy?! You thought about his plan and wondered if it was safe. The worst thing that could happen is if you got burned or if Joker caught you instead of Mike. On the other side of Moonlit River Park, one of the cipher machine's lights flickered on. It did not go unnoticed by Joker as he stamped his feet on the ground, irritated.

He was starting to get restless. He used his rocket to whack the slide, using enough force to make the whole thing rock. "Hurry on down! You know it's a loss for you anyways!" You hurriedly grabbed on to the yellow railings to prevent yourself from slipping down the metal slide.

"No! If you want to knock me out that badly, then come and get me!" You shouted down at him, tightening your grip on the railing. Letting out one of his angry grumbles, Joker got ready to light up his rocket to charge after you.

"Meddling survivors... Can't wait to see them all strapped down in the chair," he grumbled to himself. Mike waved his hand to get your attention and held up three fingers, signaling the start of a countdown.

You quickly got into position. There was no other choice than to follow through with Mike's plan.

As Joker pulled out a box of matches, Mike started to count down. "Three," He whispered to himself, his arm raised. "Two," He suddenly walked out from his hiding spot and shouted at Joker, "One! Hey, Joker!! Catch!" He threw the ball at Joker, covering the hunter's vision with flames as he ran towards the slide. "(Y/n)! Come down now!"

With shaking hands, you let go of the railing and pushed yourself down the slide; Sliding straight into Mike's arms. "See! It wasn't so bad!" He cheerfully said as he made a run for it, his arms holding on to you tightly. "Look, I know you're mad, but I'm sorry! I had no idea he was nearby!"

You tightened your arms around his neck, your eyes peering over his shoulder to see a seething Joker curse and attempt to put out the flames. "It's alright... I'll deal with you when we get back. The others should have the last cipher done right about," And just like magic, alarms blared throughout the whole park; signaling that the electrical switch is now working. "Now! Let's meet up with the others at the switch."

While you were busy looking over his shoulder, you failed to see the blush Mike had on his cheeks as he ran towards the closest switch. "S-sure! You know, I should carry you around matches like this more often! It's fun!"

"Haha, no. Put me down." You said, but that was before you saw an angry Joker come charging after the both of you, "On second thought, keep running! He's hot on our heels! Go, go, go!"

In the end, the four survivors managed to escape, but the hunter sustained a little bit of fire damage.