Happy Character Day Joseph!

Seated in front of his vanity, Joseph stared at his reflection in the mirror; His blue eyes looking dull as he brushed his long white hair.

"Today... It feels like I'm misremembering something important today." He mused to himself. As much as he would love to brush it aside, he could feel it nagging at the back of his mind. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he slammed his brush down on his vanity and glared at his reflection.

He hated this face of his. It reminded him of someone dear to him. Someone that he would never see again. Letting out a few deep sighs, he relaxed back into his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose.

It was quiet for a few moments before he started to move again, getting out of his chair to approach the bookshelf he had in his room. He ran his fingers along the spine of a scarlet red book. With shaking hands, he pulled the book out and made his way back to his chair.

The pages of the book were yellowed by age, but the words were still legible. Flipping through the pages, Joseph stopped when he found the letter he had left in between the book's pages. "There you are."

With the letter in his hand, he stared down at it in sorrow. How he wishes he could turn back in his steps using this letter like how he does with his photos now.

Joseph thought back to the day he had written this letter. Why did he do it, knowing that his dead brother would never read it? His eyes slowly widened when he realized what he had forgotten. Today was the death of his dear brother.

"Oh, Claude, if only you knew how much I wanted to change places with you... or join you in your peaceful rest." He clutched the letter close to his chest, his hands trembling with emotion.

Though that soon stopped when someone knocked on his door, "Joseph! You have a match soon! Don't keep the others waiting!" A gruff voice, which presumably came from Bane, from behind the door before he stomped away, his footsteps echoing in the hall.

How he wanted to stay in his room all day and mourn, but he knows what happens if he were to disobey the rules. Slowly, he set the letter down on his vanity and reached for his yellow ribbon, neatly tying his white hair into his signature low ponytail.

Grabbing his coat from the coat hanger, he put it on and brushed off the dust. "Can't keep them waiting, now can I?" Joseph retrieved the letter and tucked it away safely in his coat's inner pocket, just right above his cold heart. "I hope you're resting well, Claude... I can't wait to join you." 

(This is just a short drabble for Joseph, my favorite hunter to use in IDV! His letter and all the fanart for him made me cry dfhkdhsk anyways I hope you enjoy, sorry for the long hiatus!)