Day 9 (Helena Adams x Reader)

("What if I don't see it?" - Day 9)

"What if I don't see it?"

Helena asked sarcastically, her arms crossed over her chest in annoyance as she waited for you to realize that she was still blind.

"But it'd be so noticeable- ah, right..." You let out a nervous chuckle. Due to your excitement to show her something, you forgot that she was blind. "Sorry, I got a bit too excited... though that isn't an excuse. But what I'll show you will make up for it!"

She could only sigh and continue to follow you, her cane gently tapping along the wooden floor. Whatever could you have found in this humdrum Manor that got you this excited? From the halls that you were leading her down and entering the noisy dining room, Helena deducted that you were leading her to the kitchen or the garden.

"What's so amazing in the garden or the kitchen? The kitchen's just full of utensils, and the garden's just filled with weeds, bushes, a scarecrow, and a broken fountain."

"It's a surprise! We're headed straight for the garden." You answered and guided her out into the garden. The glass walls prevented any sunlight from glimmering into the garden and the wind from blowing in, but it was secure in here at least. "Okay, take a seat by the steps. I'll be back in a few minutes!"

Helena took a seat on one of the steps of the staircase and listened to you run around the garden. She could hear you scuffle about, rustling through bushes before you let out a triumphant, "Aha!" Helena let out a sigh and set aside her cane. She hoped what you found wasn't a bug.

You walked back towards her and sat down next to her, "Don't panic or scream. I promise it won't hurt you!" You warned her before you gently placed down something round, warm and soft on her lap. The feeling made her jump as she raised her hands, her mind racing and trying to figure out what you placed on her.

"W-what is it?"

The round object let out a meow that answered her question. "How did a cat get into the Manor?" She gently placed her hands on the cat, running her fingers through its soft fur.

"I'm pretty sure it must have been let in from the front door. I doubt there's an opening here in this garden," You said and looked around the garden. There's no way a cat this big could have squeezed through the glass.

"I guess so... Thanks for showing this to me, (Y/n)," Helena said, a smile on her lips as she continued to pet the cat. "Does anyone else know about this?"

You hesitated. But before you could tell Helena, the garden's door was pushed open and Emma walked out with a food bowl in her hand. "Alexander! It's time for dinner! Oh hey (Y/n), Helena! I see you found him."