Day 8 (Mike Morton, Norton Campbell & Reader)

( "There is a certain taste to it." - Day 8)

"There is a certain taste to it. You sure you want to give these pies to the hunter? That's going to be a waste." Norton asked as he swiped another finger of whipped cream and placed it in his mouth.

You held back a laugh as you moved the pies away from him. "It's expired, Norton. How does expired whipped cream taste hmm?" You teased him as Norton gagged and cringed. "I thought I would be able to use these leftovers to stun the hunter. I'm sure it'd be effective!"

"Yeah, effective but mean!" Mike reached his hand out and picked up one of the pies. "So how are you gonna carry these pies around while decoding?" He eyed the one he held before his eyes lit up, indicating that he had an idea. "Ooo~ I know! If you don't mind, can I take one of them with me? They're sure to be useful!"

"I don't see why not! But if you're going to be using them, I have a plan!" You gestured for Mike and Norton to lean in so you could whisper your plan into their ears. Meanwhile, Helena, who was seated at the other end of the table, fiddled with her cane nervously as she leaned as close as she could to listen in.

It was a dangerous plan, but who was she to stop them?

Just as the match had started in Moonlit River Park, You and Mike went to your agreed meet-up spot and greeted each other with a grin. "Okay, are you ready for this?" You asked him.

"Ready! Norton's nearby too so he can save us before we get caught!" He said, pointing to one of the large carts. You spotted Norton hiding behind it and sent him a thumbs up. "Oh-oh, here comes Joker! Hey!" Mike called out to him, getting his attention.

Even with all that makeup on, you could see Joker squint at the both of you in the distance. He knows something is up. "Should we... wait for him? Like, wait for him to use his rocket then we throw it?" Mike whispered to you when he saw Joker starting to add on adjustments to his rocket.

"That's a good idea. Wait for the right moment- and now! Throw it!" When Joker rushed towards you, Mike threw his pie at your command, and it landed splat on Joker's face.

"OH, BULLSEYE!!" You and Mike shouted out, high-fiving each other while Norton tossed a magnet at the two of you, attracting you two towards him. He quickly picked you guys up; He carried you on his shoulder while he carried Mike under his arm.

With the other party, Joker was pissed. "Cheering can happen later! Let's get going!" Norton made a run for it, letting you and Norton handle all the stunning.

Extra

Close to finishing one of the ciphers, Helena paused for a bit and turned her head in your direction. She could hear heavy footsteps, screams, yells, and shouts of profanity.

She let out a small sigh of defeat before resuming her work on the machine. "If they're going down, I'm heading straight for the dungeon as soon as I can..."