Day 6 (Naib x Reader)

( "Yes, I'm aware. Your point?" - Day 6)

"Yes, I'm aware. Your point?"

Naib said as he leaned back against his chair, kicking his feet up on to the short dining table. Hiding behind his feet, he avoided the death glare that you directed at him. You gritted your teeth in annoyance as you glared at him from the other end of the dining table.

Right now, you and your three teammates were seated in the dark dining area, getting ready to enter a match. "My point is... stop going for the rescue when I still had time! Maybe if you had listened to me, our last match together would have ended in a tie than a loss!" You exclaimed angrily, wanting Naib to understand your point. Meanwhile, your two other teammates for the match, Martha and William, glanced at each other. They had to stop this or else this match could spell trouble for all of you.

William stood up from his seat, "Hey, hey! Chillax guys! At least it could have been a tie, right?" He cut in only to have your glare directed at him, making him slink back down into his seat.

"Hmph, you didn't need to cut in. If (Y/n) doesn't want to be saved, then fine. All I tried to do was help them," Before you could even come up with a retort to his words, Martha slammed her hands down on the table; Giving both you and Naib a side-glare.

"Enough. Arguing like this isn't going to help us in this match." She advised, "Naib if a teammate wants you to leave with the others, you respect that decision of theirs." Naib looked the other way at Martha's words, giving it some thought as she turned on to you. "and (Y/n), whatever happens in the past, stays in the past. Be grateful that a teammate of yours had come back for you."

Your eyes dropped down to the clothed table and sheepishly drew circles on it. You hated to admit it, but Martha's words held the truth in them. After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, a small bell rang signaling that the match was about to begin. "I hope you two have calmed down now. Try not to do something rash."

After being transported to one of the random points of Sacred Heart Hospital, you rushed off to the nearest cipher and began working on it. You jumped back in shock when Naib suddenly sneaked up on you. "Oh my... You almost made me shock myself!" You quickly shook off your jitters and continued to work on the machine.

"Sorry." He apologized before he started to help you with the machine. "About before... I'm sorry. I should have left when you told me too, but I couldn't just leave a teammate behind and-" He struggled to find the words to continue his apology.

But you stopped him by placing a hand on his shoulder, "It's alright now. If anything it should be me apologizing, I'm glad you came back for me at the time." You said with a smile just before an electric burst shocked the both of you.

"M-maybe wow's not the time! Let's finish this and run!" You said in a panicked tone as Naib nodded in agreement. Apologies could wait until the both of you got back to the mansion.