Day 14 (Naib Subedar x Reader)

( "Yes, I admit it. You were right." - Day 14)

"Alright, (Y/n). Truth or dare?"

Seated at the smaller dining table in the waiting room, you and your three teammates started to play Truth or Dare to pass the time while waiting for the match's hunter to arrive.

Your teammates consisted of William, Naib, and Margaretha. All of them had unanimously chosen William to be the first person. After a thorough scan of his fellow teammates, he focused his eyes on you and smugly asked you truth or dare. "Well, are you going to be a chicken and pick truth?" He taunted you.

Taking the bait while feeling annoyed, you crossed your arms and stared at William challengingly. "I pick dare. Come on, hit me with your worst." That's it. No going back now, you can only hope that whatever dare that comes out of his mouth won't hurt your pride.

He took quite a while before he snapped his fingers, "I dare you... to exchange items with Naib." Both Naib and your eyes met then flicked back to William. "That cool with you?" He asked Naib, who looked a bit uncertain but took off his elbow pads.

"It's fine with me. These are going to be hard to use. I hope you know that." Naib warned you as he pushed his elbow pads towards you while you did the same with your item.

You equipped the elbow pads like how Naib would and eyed them. You've found them a few times in chests, but you don't use them as much. "Same to you, Naib. It should be easy to use your elbow pads. You have to be close against the wall and run, right?" Naib rolled his eyes at your words.

"It's not that easy to use. I'm telling you now, (Y/n), try not to run into any walls." The game continued after that first dare. It ended once Geisha or Michiko strolled in to take a seat in the usual hunter waiting area. "Good luck," Naib said, directing it at you mostly.

Once the match had started, you were found by Michiko first and started to run away. By instinct, you reached for your object before remembering that you had swapped with Naib. "Guess I have to use these." You quickly ran to the closest wall and activated the elbow pads.

Michiko could only watch as you launched yourself off one wall towards another, head bumping against the wall. She folded up her fan and walked over to you, pulling you close to her. "I thought you usually use something else, (Y/n), I never expected you to use Naib's elbow pads." She commented while bringing you to the nearest rocket chair.

Once she had you tied down, she quickly went away to search for your other teammates. You let out a small huff as you leaned back against the chair. Okay, maybe it wasn't as easy as you thought it was to use Naib's item.

It didn't take long before you saw Naib running up to your chair and begin untying you, "So, is it easy to use my elbow pads now?" He teasingly asked you as he handed you back your item and started to work on removing his elbow pads from you. "I'll be taking those back then. No sense in throwing this match just because of one dumb dare."

"Yes, I admit it. You were right. It wasn't easy," You held your arms up and assisted Naib. "You have to teach me how to use those, so I don't have to run into walls again." You ended your sentence with a small chuckle as you hugged your item close.

"I'll teach you when we have the time. Now, we have to start running before Michiko comes back." Naib looped his arm with yours and quickly pulled you along, ready to protect you from any incoming hits. You were grateful for that.

An idea suddenly hit you as you leaned in closer to him. "Hey, Naib..." When he let out a little huh to show you that he was listening, you gave him a tiny peck on his cheek. "Thanks for coming to save me~."