Day 4 (Aesop Carl x Reader)

("I know you didn't ask for this,"- Day 4)

The Embalmer, known as Aesop Carl, peeked over the window ledge he was hiding behind, watching as you raced on by with the hunter hot on your heels. One glance from you was all the confirmation he needed.

Leaving the decoding for the others, he raced off to a safer part of the map and set up the coffin he brought with him into the match. He had the coffin at the ready with the surrogate and his makeup brush in hand; Waiting for the right moment when you're down.

When the bell tolled, signaling that one of his teammates is down; aka You. He began dressing the surrogate, making sure everything is perfect. From the redness of your lips to the shade of your skin tone, everything was flawless. Now he only had to wait for you to wake up.

A minute later, the surrogate's eyes flew open, revealing a pair of familiar eyes instead of lifeless ones. "I know you didn't ask for this, but it's with the best interest that we all make it out alive." He said as he pulls out a roll of cloth bandages from his case and began wrapping up the wounds you've sustained.

You let out a huff, but you didn't pull away from Aesop. "You should have saved your coffin for someone else, Aesop! Emily was just on her way to save me." Of course, you felt grateful that Aesop had used his coffin on you, but what if the others needed it?

He shook his head at you, glancing up at you with a stern stare. "Better safe than sorry," he responded before offering you his hand, waiting until your warm hand slid into his gloved one and pulled you out of his coffin. "It wasn't a waste to use my coffin on you... If anything, it was worth it to use my coffin on you." He said bashfully.

Aesop turned his back on you as he knelt by his coffin, closing its lid quietly. You stood there in stunned silence, 'What did that mean?' You thought to yourself; Trying hard to decipher his words and figure out its meaning. You flinched in surprise when you felt his hand grab your wrist.

"Now's not the time to be daydreaming, (Y/n). We can talk more when we're all safe and out of this game."