Day 2 (Emma Woods x Reader)

("Just follow me, I know the area."- Day 2)

 "Just follow me, I know the area."

Emma Woods, the Gardener, told you happily as she leads you out of the crowded dining room. "You told me your room was 2F16, right? That's up on the second floor." The Oletus Manor's foyer is large with two staircases that lead up to the second floor.

You followed her up the stairs and took in your surroundings. You took it all in, from the rotten wood of the stair railings to the old stone statues that decorated the foyer. The manor was much different from your own home. It would take some time to get used to your new surroundings. Noticing that the newcomer was taking in their surroundings, Emma came to a stop at the top of the stairs.

"Haha, sorry about the state of the stairs. I hadn't the time to go and replace the wood yet," She ran her gloved fingers along the grain of the wood, staring at it wistfully. "Oh, what am I saying! I'm supposed to be leading you to your room." She quietly scolded herself before gesturing for you to hurry along. "Come on. You can explore once you've settled in!"

Emma guided you down a few dark corridors, checking every door plate as she walked by. Suddenly, she came to a stop, making you bump into her. "Aha! Here's your room! The key to your room should be in your invitation letter." She patiently waited for you to pull our your letter before going over the next step. "A blank diary, a small list of Manor rules, and other necessities are waiting for you in your room. Got it, (Y/n)?"

You nodded to her instructions. Fishing out a golden key from your letter, you unlocked the door to your room. All the items that Emma listed were placed neatly on your given desk. "Woah, your room is just like ours..." Emma mused as she peeked her head into your room.

"You should get some rest. The walk to the manor must have taken a lot of energy out of you!" You could feel your muscles ache at her words. It was indeed a long walk from where that driver had dropped you off. "B-but hey... Maybe once you've rested enough, I could show you around instead of letting you wander around on your own. If it's alright with you..." Emma trailed off, a shy blush on her cheeks.

Stifling back a laugh, you nodded at Emma's offer. "Sure. I'd love to have a guide show me around. If it's possible, do you mind showing me to the garden tomorrow?"

When you mentioned the garden, her eyes lit up with excitement. "Of course, I can! It'd be my greatest pleasure. I can introduce you to someone special there too!" She started to skip away, a big grin on her lips. "Have a good rest!"