Happy Halloween!

(Happy Halloween guys! Here to interrupt the Masquerade Chapters to say I joined #idvtrickortreat2020 and it's like a secret Santa thing, but for Halloween! I don't use Twitter, so I'm leaving the hashtag here and hope you guys can check out the other participants' art! I wrote this story for Jeqrow. I hope they like it!)

~

Today was October 31st. The Oletus Manor's residents, both survivor and hunter factions, had set aside their differences and came together on this special day to celebrate Halloween.

Unable to speak aloud or voice his enthusiasm over this event, Victor had written up dozens of letters! Each of them was of a different color, determining to a specific individual. But some receivers will get a tiny treat bag, filled with various chocolates and sweets Victor found in the kitchen pantry.

Being in the manor for a few months, he had gotten comfortable with several of the residents, comfortable enough to call them friends. It was an exciting feeling!

Standing in front of a full-length mirror, he examined himself and adjusted the strap of his mailbag before moving up to his black bowtie. He wore a dapper tuxedo, designed with unique and fiery accents. He especially liked the addition of the piano keys sticking out of his left coat sleeve and the shiny gold roses on his coat's collar.

Victor smiled at his appearance and couldn't believe he had received this costume called "Keyboard" from Ms. Nightingale. "But it feels like I'm missing something..." He stopped observing himself in the mirror when he heard a familiar whine coming from below him. "Wick?" He thought to himself as he looked down to see his puppy holding his satin black top hat in his mouth.

"Ah, I knew I forgot something." Kneeling on to one knee, Victor took his hat from Wick's mouth and scratched under the pup's chin as thanks, "Thank you, you look cute in that hat of yours," He mused to himself before getting back up on his feet. Victor placed his hat on his head and adjusted it, not wanting it to impede his devil horns.

With one last check in the mirror and making sure the letters and treats were in his bag, he headed towards the door with Wick following close behind. It was time to put his Halloween plan to motion!

~Begin!~

Everyone in the manor dressed in costumes, some were matching, and some were unique. A letter in hand, Victor walked up to Emma Woods and gently tapped her shoulder. "Hmm? Oh, Victor! Good evening!" She greeted him with her usual bright smile before he held out an envelope out to her. "A letter for me?"

She could see Victor's excitement on his face when she took the letter. "You want me to open it now? Alright!" She opened it carefully and pulled out a light leaf green card, written on it were three words, and a doodle of a flower in the corner. "Trick or Treat?" she read aloud.