Day 10 (Aesop Carl x Reader)

("I never knew it could be this way." - Day 10)

In one of the quieter parts of the Manor, Aesop had one of his coffins laid out on the floor. But instead of a surrogate being inside, he was lying in there in its stead. You were crouching by the coffin with a bunch of yellow roses in your hand.

"You've never thought about lying in a coffin before?" You asked him as you began decorating the outer edges of the coffin with the roses. Meanwhile, Aesop, who's still in the coffin with his eyes closed, let out a thoughtful hum as he folded his hands on top of his stomach.

From the way he was positioned, you would have thought he was dead. "I've never thought about using a coffin in this way." He answered you as his eyes followed your hands, watching them place each rose down gently. "In my eyes, it's a carrier for the dead... If I should be honest, it does make me feel a bit uncomfortable lying in here."

You let out a soft chuckle before you held your hand out to him, setting aside the rest of the roses on the floor. "Then climb on out. But if you don't mind, can I take a try?" You asked him while you helped him get out of the coffin.

He nodded, permitting you to lie down in the coffin. His eyes were trained on your face the whole time as you made yourself comfortable in the carrier. "It feels kinda soft? It's almost like resting on a firm mattress..." You commented while lying your arms on both sides of your body.

Aesop rested his arms on the side of the coffin, hiding a smile behind his back. "Your ideas and commentary are interesting, Miss (Y/n)," He picked up the rest of the roses and resumed your little decorating job until he reached the last rose. "I never knew it could be this way," He mused to himself.

Usually, he'd be anxious and nervous around anybody. But with you talking to him and bothering him at times, he grew accustomed to your presence. Seeing you in the coffin surrounded by the yellow roses, reminded him of one of his late mentor's victims. He stared hard at the rose in his hand.

Aesop broke out of his thoughts when he heard light snoring coming from the coffin. He glanced down at you to see that you had drifted off to sleep while resting in there. He shook his head at you, "Of all the places to fall asleep... You're truly an interesting character." He leaned down into the coffin, tucking the thornless rose behind your ear as he gently pressed his forehead against yours.

"I can't wait for the day I get to embalm you."