Day 11 (Non-canon backstory on Emma Woods)

(This is not a x-reader this time. I just decided it would be fun to mix in this angst. Well, I hope it counts as angst. Enjoy!! :D)

 ("I can't come back." - Day 11)

"I can't come back," A large and burly man, named Leo Beck, said as he crouched in front of his daughter, Lisa Beck.

Lisa had a pout on her lips as she stared crossly at her father, "Why not? I want to stay with you!" She couldn't understand it. Why did her father have to leave her here? Why couldn't she follow him to wherever he had to go?

Leo let out a deep sigh before he placed his hands on her shoulders, giving her a reassuring but tight squeeze. "Daddy has some issues to settle, and I don't want you involved in any of it... That's why I'm dropping you off here." He said and turned her around to face the White Sand Street orphanage.

"You're going to make a lot of friends here! You can live a happier life. Just forget about daddy, alright?"

"NO!"

Lisa turned back around and stamped her foot on the ground, "I want to stay with you! I want to stay with you!" She chanted as angry tears started to drip down her cheeks. Leo looked around, noticing that they were drawing attention to themselves due to his daughter's tantrum.

To calm her down, he quickly pulled her into a hug and stroked the back of her head. That seemed to calm her down as she buried her face into his shoulder, sniffling.

"Lisa, listen to me okay? I...-I'll come back to you." He said uncertainly. It was clear he didn't mean what he said, but Lisa didn't notice as she stopped and stepped out of his hug; wiping her eyes. "It will take a while, but I promise I'll come back. Just be a good girl until then."

"Promise?" Lisa held out her pinky and stared her father down. She wanted him to promise that he really would come back for her, that's the point of the pinky promise after all.

Leo shook his head at his innocent daughter, but he reluctantly wrapped his pinky with hers. "Promise. I'll come back to you. Even if I have to hunt you down to find you," He said with a smile.