Chapter 9: Make A Man Out of You

The next morning, Sakura was sound asleep until Naruto picks up Konohamaru and uses him for an alarm clock. Sakura wakes up "All right, rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty! C'mon, hup, hup, hup!" Naruto sings, Sakura pulls her blanket back over her and Naruto pulls it off. "Get your clothes on, get ready!" Naruto ordered as Sakura stretched "Got breakfast ready. Look, you get porridge! And it's happy to see you!" Naruto smiled. Kono is resting happily in the bowl of porridge, Naruto uses chopsticks to fish him out. "Hey, get out of there! You're gonna make people sick!" Naruto scolded him "Am I late?" Sakura asked "No time to talk. Now, remember, it's your first day of training" Naruto explained as he was stuffing porridge in her mouth "so listen to your teacher and no fighting, play nice with the other kids, unless, of course, the other kids want to fight, then you gotta kick the other kid's butt."

"But I don't want to kick the other kids' butts." Sakura explained with her mouth full "Don't talk with your mouth full. Now let's see your war face." Naruto said "Sakura looks at Naruto, her mouth full of porridge. "Oh, I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover. C'mon, scare me, girl!" Naruto snapped "Rrrrraaaaarrrgggghhhhh!" Sakura roared "That's my tough looking warrior! That's what I'm talking about! Now, get out there and make me proud!" Naruto cheered. As Sakura began to get ready with the help of Naruto by putting her hair up. Kurama neighs frantically "What do you mean, the troops just left?" Naruto rose an eyebrow "They WHAT?" Sakura panicked and rushes out of the tent.

"Wait, you forgot your sword!" Naruto shouted but then starts to cry "My little baby, off to destroy people ..." he sobbed as Kono patted him on the shoulder. "Order! People, order!" Might Guy tried to get the men's attention "I'd like a pan-fried noodle!" a soldier shouted "Sweet and pungent shrimp" Choji added making the other men laugh "That's not funny." Guy snickered. Lee then spots Sakura "Looks like our new friend slept in this morning. Why, hello, Satoshi, Are ya hungry?" Lee snickered "Yeah, cause I owe you a knuckle sandwich." Kiba added rolling his sleeves up.

"Soldiers!" Sasuke shouted, the men lined up in a row "You will assemble swiftly and silently, every morning. Anyone who does otherwise, will answer to me." he ordered as he takes off his shirt, and Sakura stares in awe. "Ooh, tough guy." Kiba whispered to Sakura. Sasuke pulls out a bow and arrow and aims it at Kiba, then at the top of a high pole in the middle of the camp. "Kiba. Thank you for volunteering. Retrieve the arrow" Sasuke smiled "I'll get that arrow, pretty boy, and I'll do it with my shirt on" Kiba grumbled. He walks over to the pole and prepares to climb up it. "One moment, you seem to be missing something" Sasuke stops him and pulls two giant medals out of a box. "This represents discipline" Sasuke explained handing one medal in Kiba's arm "And this represents strength." he said putting the other metal on Kiba's other arm, making him drop like a rag doll "You need both to reach the arrow. All the soldiers after Kiba failed to reach the arrow and none of them can make it. "We've got a long way to go" he sighed.

Sasuke:

Let's get down to business

To defeat the Akatsuki

Did they send me daughters

When I asked for sons

You're the saddest bunch

I ever met, but you can bet

Before we're through

Mister, I'll make a man

Out of you.

Tranquil as a forest

But on fire within

Once you find your center

You are sure to win

You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot

And you can bet before we're through

Mister, I'll make a man out of you.

Choji: I'm never gonna catch my breath

Kiba: Say good-bye to those who knew me

Lee:

Boy I was a fool in school for cutting gym

Naruto:

This guy's got 'em scared to death

Sakura:

I hope he doesn't see right through me

Choji:

Now I really wish that I knew how to swim

(Be a man)

We must be swift as a coursing river

(Be a man)

With all the force of a great typhoon

(Be a man)

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Time is racing t'ward us

Till the Akatsuki arrive

Heed my every order

And you might survive

You're unsuited for the rage of war

So pack up, go home, you're through

How could I make a man out of you

(Be a man)

We must be swift as a coursing river

(Be a man)

With all the force of a great typhoon

(Be a man)

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

(Be a man)

We must be swift as a coursing river

(Be a man)

With all the force of a great typhoon

(Be a man)

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon!

While Sakura's training with the Shinobi began to Blossom, The Akatsuki began their approach towards the Tung Show Pass. Madara cuts the top off a tree. The hawk flies overhead and drops a small doll. Madara jumps down from the tree and throws the doll to one of the Akatsuki. "What do you see?" the leader asked his men. Sasori sniffed the little doll "Black pine ... from the high mountains!" Sasori's eyes widened as he passed the doll to Kabuto who found a piece of loose horse hair from the doll, "White horse hair ... Shinobi stallions" Kabuto added passing the doll to Hidan "Sulphur ... from cannons." Hidan replied handing it back to the captain. "This doll came from a village in the Tung Show Pass, where the Shinobi Army is waiting" Madara explained "We can avoid them easily." Deidara retorted "No" Madara shook his head "the quickest way to the Hokage is through that pass" he looks down at the little doll "Besides, the little girl will be missing her doll. We should return it to her." He gave a wicked grin.