Chapter 17: You Have Saved Us All

After the battle between Sakura and Madara, Might Guy walks down the palace steps in anger. "That was a deliberate attempt on my life! Where is she? Now she's done it! What a mess!" Sasuke stood between Sakura and Might Guy "Stand aside, that creature's not worth protecting" Might Guy sneered "She's a hero!" Sasuke protested "She's a woman. She'll never be worth anything!" Might Guy added. Sasuke grabbed him by the collar "Listen, you pompous ..."

  The Hokage walked down the steps interfering them "That is enough!" He shouted. Sasuke dropped Might Guy "Lord Sixth, I can explain!" Sasuke protested. The Hokage raises a hand and the Gang of Three move to the side, revealing Sakura. Sakura walks up and bows before the Hokage fearing the worst.

  "I've heard a great deal about you, Haruno, Sakura . You stole your father's armor, ran away from home, impersonated a soldier, deceived your commanding officer, dishonored the Shinobi Army, destroyed my palace!" The Hokage explained then sighed "And... you have saved us all" He smiled then bows to her. Sakura looked confused then row by row, every person in the Royal City bows to her, bringing a smile to her face.  As Kurama bows to Sakura Naruto looks to Kona and starts to snuffle "Our little baby is all grown up and saving The 5 Great Nations.Do you have a tissue?"

  "Might Guy" The Hokage ordered "Your Excellency?" Might Guy asked "See that this woman is made a member of my council." He ordered "What?" Might Guy asked "There are no council positions open, Lord Sixth!" "Very well. You can have his job." The Hokage smiles at Sakura "Wha? ... My? ..." Might Guy faints.
    "With all due respect, Lord Sixth, I think I've been away from home long enough." Sakura smiled  "Then take this" Lord Sixth hands her his robe. Sakura gives him a confused look "don't worry I have several more in my wardrobe" he whispered making her nod and giggle "so your family will know what you have done for me" as she put on the robe "And this" he hands her the sword of Madara "so the world will know what you have done for the Land of Fire"  Sakura takes the gifts, then hugs the Hokage.

   "Is she allowed to do that?" Kiba asked but Lee, Choji and Sasuke shrug. Sakura steps away and hugs the Gang of Three, then walks over to Sasuke "Um ... you ... You fight good." was all he could manage to say. Sakura gave a small frown "Oh. Thank you" She mounts Kurama. "Kurama, let's go home." She said and Kurama rears with excitement and as she rides away, everyone cheers.

  The Hokage walks up to Sasuke "The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all" Sasuke looks at the Hokage confused "... Sir? ..." "You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty!" He explained then puts on his hat and walks away.