Chapter 13: Attack of The Akatsuki

As the Shinobi Soldiers slowly walk through the mountain pass, a rocket in the wagon attached to Kurama suddenly goes off, shooting into the sky. Sakura looks at Naruto accusingly. "What happened?" Sasuke asked  "You just gave away out position! Now we're---" Sasuke shouted but an arrow hits his shoulder, throwing him off the horse. The Akatsuki appear on a cliff, and arrows shower down on the soldiers. "Get out of range!" Sasuke shouts "The pitiful Shinobi army struggles to get away from the Akatsuki, but are intercepted by another group of them up on another cliff. "Save the cannons!" Sasuke ordered as the soldiers pass the cannons from the wagon to each other. The wagon gets hit by a flaming arrow, and Sakura cuts Kurama's reins and mounts him. The wagon explodes, sending Naruto and Kono flying.

   "Oh, sure, save the horse." Naruto rolled his eyes, Sakura grabs him and her sword and runs over to the other soldiers. "Fire!" Sasuke shouts as the soldier lights the cannon, and it explodes on the mountain. There is no sound from the Akatsuki , who are no longer on the cliffs. "Hold the last cannon." Sasuke ordered Kiba. Sakura narrowed her eyebrows, suddenly a horse appears on the hill. Madara is soon joined by hundreds of Akatsuki soldiers. "Prepare to fight. If we die, we die with honor" Sasuke spoke . The Akatsuki charge the Shinobi Army. "Kiba. Aim the cannon at Madara " Sasuke ordered  While glancing at her sword, Sakura notices a glacial overhang. She grabs the cannon and runs toward the Akatsuki, aiming at the overhang.

    "Satoshi!" Sasuke shouted  "Satoshi, come back!" Kiba shouted. Kurama neighed in panic.  Frantically, as Madara draws nearer, his sword raised, Sakura fumbles with the match. "Okay, you might want to light that right about now, Quickly, quickly!" Naruto shouted. Sakura is attacked by Orochimaru's hawk, and loses the match "C'mon, we gotta help!" Kiba shouted at Choji and Lee. The Gang of Three run toward Sakura, swinging their swords.  Sakura uses Naruto to light the cannon fuse, and it shoots off toward the overhang. "You missed! How could you miss?! He was three feet in front of you!" Naruto shouts from the cannon. The cannon hits the overhang with a bang, and causes an avalanche that rains down on the Akatsuki Army, burying in them. In fury, Madara roars and hits Sakura in the side with his sword blade. She quickly runs away from the avalanche, pulling Sasuke with her. Kurama runs toward them, and Sakura gets on and tries to give Sasuke a hand, but he loses his grip and is dragged into the snow.

   Naruto comes riding down the snow in a hubcap "Sakura!! Sakura! Sakura? He pulls an Akatsuki 's head out of the snow. "Nope. Sakura!" He reaches down and pulls out Kono. "Man, you are one lucky bug" he complimented. Sakura and Kurama break out of the snow and race toward Sasuke, who, unconscious, is sliding on the snow toward a cliff. "Sasuke!" she shouts as she spots him, she pulls him up onto the saddle. "Do you see them?" Choji asks holding Kiba up "Yes!" He fits an arrow, which is tied to a length of rope, and shoots it toward Sakura. "Perfect! Now I'll pull them to safety!" he said with glee, The rope slips through his hands. Naruto and Kono slide near Sakura and Sasuke "Sakura! I found a lucky cricket!" he shouts "We need help!" Sakura shouts as the arrow flies near them, Sakura grabs it and ties it around Kurama.
Naruto and Kono climbed onto the horse "Nice, very nice! You can sit by me!" They "Aaaugh!!! We're gonna die! We're gonna die!" Naruto shouted "No way we survive this! Death is coming!" Sakura shoots the arrow up as they fall off the cliff.

"I let them slip through my fingers ..." Kiba cried but looks surprised as the arrow, complete with rope, lands in his hands. He is dragged toward the cliff edge, soldiers jumping on top of him. Finally Choji walks over, picks all the soldiers up, and walks backward, pulling Sakura, Kurama and Sasuke up onto the ground. "I knew we could do it! You the man! Well, sort of." Naruto smiled at Sakura "Step back, guys. Give him some air!" Lee shrugged.
"Satoshi" Sasuke said breathing heavily "you are craziest man I ever met. And for that, I owe you my life. From now on, you have my trust." He smiled "Let's hear it for Satoshi,the bravest of us all!" Lee shouted "You're King of the Mountain!" Kiba added

The soldiers cheered as Sakura tries to stand up, but collapses to the ground, gasping. "Satoshi!What's wrong?" Sasuke panicked as Sakura moves her hands to reveal blood "He's wounded! Get help!" Sasuke shouted as Sakura sinks into unconsciousness. "Satoshi hold on. Hold on" was the last thing she heard before blacking out.