Chapter 14: Sakura Exposed

Everyone was anxiously awaiting for Sakura in the medical tent. The doctor emerges from his tent and says something to Sasuke, who looks disturbed and rushes inside. Naruto looks back at Kono in fear hoping Sakura doesn't get exposed as well as hoping she would be ok. Sasuke looks at Saskura, who sits up in bed, her side bandaged. Sasuke stares at her in shock, recognizing her as a girl. Sakura realizes her mistake and pulls the blanket back on. 
    "I can explain!" Sakura yelled. Might Guy walks in and is shocked by what he sees "So it's true!" Sasuke walks out of the tent "Sasuke!" Sakura cries out as Might Guy yanks Sakura out of the tent.  "I knew there was something wrong with you!" He then pulled her hair out of her bun "A Woman!" He announced causing everyone to gasp. "Treacherous snake!" Might Guy Snapple's as he threw her to the snowy ground. "My name is Sakura, I did it to save my father!" She explained "High treason!" Might Guy added "I didn't mean for it to go this far!" Sakura pleaded "Ultimate dishonor!" Might Guy replied "It was the only way! Please, believe me!" Sakura clutched the blanket tightly.
  Might Guy looked at Sasuke who was still processing through his head that he had a woman in his camp "Captain?" Might Guy asked. Sasuke looked at him and walks over to Kurama and takes out Sakura's sword. Kurama reined in fright, Naruto and Kono gasped in horror . Kiba, Lee and Choji start to rush over to her, but Might Guy stops them. "Restrain him" Might Guy ordered the soldiers holding Kurama. "You know the law" he says to the gang of three.
   Sasuke walks over to Sakura and throws the sword in the snow in front of her. "A life for a life. My debt is repaid." Sasuke muttered "Move out!" He ordered the remaining soldiers "But you can't just ..." Might Guy explained but Sasuke grabbed his collar "I said, 'Move out.'" Sasuke gritted between his teeth then mounted his horse.

    The Shinobi Army sadly walks away, leaving Sakura, Naruto, and Kurama in the snow. Naruto was looking for some firewood, but he only found broken arrows, Kurama wrapped Sakura in a blanket for warmth. "I was this close." Naruto sighed "This close! To impressing the ancestors, getting the top shelf, in entourage ... man. All my fine work." He added as he got a dumpling from the saddle bag. He uses the tip of an arrow to roast a piece of food over a tiny fire. "I should never have left home." Sakura admitted "Hey C'mon. You wanted to save your father's life." He explained "Who knew you'd end up shaming him, disgracing your ancestors and losing all your friends. Y'know, you just gotta ... just gotta learn to let these things go." He sniffles as he rotated his food "Maybe I didn't go for my father. Maybe what I really wanted was to prove that I could do things right." Sakura replies as she picked up her helmet "So that when I looked in the mirror I'd see someone worthwhile." She began to cry "But I was wrong. I see nothing." She cried tossing her helmet in the snow.

   Naruto grabbed her helmet "Hey, that's just cause this needs a little spit, that's all." He spits on the helmet. "Let me shine this up for you. I can see you, lookit you, you look so pretty!" He tried to cheer her up but it wasn't working. The tiny dragon sighed and decided to tell her the truth. "The truth is, we're both frauds. Your ancestors didn't send me; they don't even like me. I mean, you risked your life to help people you love. I risked your life to help myself. At least you had good intentions" he explained. Kono sees himself on the helmet and starts to cry. "What do you mean, you're not lucky! You ... lied to me?" Naruto shouted at the bug and he nods. Naruto turns to Kurama "And what are you, a sheep?" Kurama snorts.
  "I'll have to face my father sooner or later. Let's go home" Sakura smiled lightly "Yeah. This ain't gonna be pretty. But don't u worry, okay? Things will work out." Naruto hugs Sakura "We started this thing together and that's how we'll finish it. I promise." He smiled as they huddled together under the blanket, Madara's hawk flies over them in search of his master.