Chapter 11: A New Plan

While Sakura was changing in her tent, Naruto and Kono overheard Sasuke arguing with Might Guy in his tent. "You think your troops are ready to fight? Hah! They wouldn't last a minute against the Akatsuki!" Guy retorted "They completed their training" Sasuke protested "Those boys are no more fit to be soldiers than you are to be captain. Once the general reads my report, your troops will never see battle" Guy threatened "Oh, no, you don't!" Naruto whisper yelled "I've worked too hard to get Sakura into this war! This guy's messing with my plans!" he told the little cricket "We're not finished!" Sasuke ordered as Guy Lee pushed him out of the tent "Be careful, Captain. The general may be your brother, but I am the Hokage's Council. And, oh, by the way, I got that job on my own." he hissed "You're dismissed." Guy said to the captain.

Sakura saw that Sasuke was looking upset "Hey, I'll hold him, and you punch! she laughed then frowned as he wasn't amused "or not" she tapped his shoulder as he turned around "For what it's worth, I think you're a great captain!" she said giving him a small smile. He gave her one back then walked off "I saw that" Naruto snickered "What?" Sakura asked the little dragon "You like him, don't you" he teased "No! I ..." Sakura protested "Yeah, right, sure. GO TO YOUR TENT!" Naruto ordered, Sakura nodded then smiled as she walks away. 

       Naruto watches Sakura then looks at his at his little cricket friend "I think it's time we took this war into our own hands" he said rubbing his hands together.  They rush into the tent as Might Guy strolls out, dressed in a towel, a hat, and slippers. Kono types out a letter, like a typewriter. Kono gets off the paper and wipes his little feet. "Okay, lemme see what you've got." Naruto replies as he reads "from From General Uchia Dear Brother, we're waiting for the Akatsuki at the pass. It would mean a lot of you'd come and back us up." He finished looking at Konohamaru.
  "Hmm. That's great, except that you forgot, 'and since we're out of popourri, perhaps you wouldn't mind bringing up some!' HELLO! This is the army! Make it sound a little urgent, please. You know what I'm talking about?" He shouted correcting the little cricket. Kono hops around typing out another letter.  "That's better, much better! Let's go!" Naruto cheered as he took the paper. Naruto got on Kurama's back with the paper in hand "Kurama, baby. We need a ride." He snickered at the horse. Kurama squirts him off, and Kono slowly backs off.

   At the lake, as Might Guy was walking out with a slipper in hand "Insubordinate ruffians" he grumbled "You men owe me a new pair of slippers!" He shouted causing the men to laugh more "And I do not squeal like a girl!" He added but he turns to see a straw soldier (Naruto and Kono in disguise) riding a panda bear. "Eeeeeeek!!!" He squealed

  "Urgent new from the general!" Naruto shouts in a deep voice holding out a scroll "What's the matter, you've never seen a black and white before?" He questioned as Might Guy took the scroll "Who are you?" He asked narrowing his bushy eyebrows "Excuse me? I think the question should be, who are you!" Naruto shouts "We're in a war, man! There's no time for stupid questions! I should have your hat for that! Snatch it right off your head! I'm feeling gracious today, so ... carry on, before I report you!" the panda climbs up a nearby tree as Guy turned around. 

  Might Guy rushes to Sasuke's tent to tell him the news "Captain! Urgent news from the general! We're needed at the front!" He exclaimed while Naruto and Kono were sitting in a tree "Pack your bags, Kono, we're moving out!" He high fives the little bug.