• Max V •

I awoke to hear Max loudly swearing from across the hall and begin to ramble on in Dutch, very loudly, too loud if you ask me for 7am on a Saturday morning. I groaned and rolled over; squeezing the duvet around my head in the attempt to drown out the load noises coming from Max's simulator room.

It didn't work.

I sighed and decided to start the day early as Max was doing and slipped out of bed. I quietly made my way across the hall and poked my head around the door to see Max concentrating intently on his screen. I sighed with a soft smile at his pure addiction to racing and silently cursed Lando for pushing it further into our home by introducing him to the world of iracing. I drifted into the kitchen and began making breakfast: waffles.

•••

I jumped when two arms spun me round and Max's face was pushed against my face in a tight kiss,

"Morning babe,"

"Hey." I replied with a smile, giving him another light kiss before turning around again to watch the cooking. I sighed contently in the safety of Max's arms and leant my head back against his chest. He squeezed my cheeks and pushed up my lips and gently shook my face with a mischievous laugh.

"Max stop!" I squealed,

"I'll burn you waffles," I warned

I was met with a mock gasp and he eventually stopped pinching my face and wandered over to the kitchen island, waiting for few minutes until I placed a plate in front of him and sat across him, silently digging into my waffles with a peaceful air sinking around me. Max however, took a much more aggressive tone and repeatedly stuffed the waffle in his mouth until he could barley chew and just stared at me and giggled boyishly at my shocked face. I had my mouth slightly agape and my eyebrows raised in pure shock and slight repulsion at the current situation in front of me.

He somehow managed to eat the waffle and laughed before asking with a smirk,

"What... are you checking me out." He wiggled his eyebrows,

"No I'm in horror at your waffle monstrosity!"

He laughed, slowly making his way around the kitchen island and hugging me, picking me up from the chair and swirling me round.

"Do you want to come to Japan this weekend, if you can of course?"

"Of course Max!"

He grinned at my response and pressed a grateful and loving kiss down onto my lips, leaving me to grimace slightly because his lips tasted of sickly sweet syrup...