• Jake H •

Littlemissunnoticed

The weather of Macau was sweltering and I was seriously thinking how much longer I could take it. It was helpful being able to spend some time in the corner of the garage where a fan was doing it's best to ease the ongoing slaughter of heat but it was so tucked away in that corner it meant I couldn't see the screens from there and didn't want to miss anything. I cursed myself for wearing a black top, all be it the top was thin and cropped, but I was certainly feeling the consequences of the dark material. It was free practice currently and everything was going smoothly for Jake who was having an amazing time and told me whatever the outcome he was happy. I couldn't help but gush when I saw his car on screen, being able to see him zooming around the tight corners of the circuit flooded me with nerves but I felt much closer to him this way. I sighed softly when the camera flicked onto another car.

"Give him three minutes and he's back in!" An engineer hollered through the garage.

I noticed Sophia, his teammate, waving at me and I made my way over.

"Everything good?" She asked sweetly,

"Yes just boiling hot but I can't really complain when you and Jake have to wear those suits can I?" I joked lightly,

"Haha, don't worry about it we're fine... he's doing well isn't he?"

I nodded with a proud smile.

"It'll be tough but whatever happens he's really happy so I'm happy."

"Ah, true love... lucky you!" Sophia teased but stopped when she saw the pinkish tinge descend into my cheeks.

"If you're seriously overheating go to Jakes driver room, I'll let him know when he gets back. Plus there is a fan and cold water in there."

"Oh gosh I'm going to have to go, thanks for letting him know and good luck Sophia you're an amazing driver."

I gave her a quick hug before making my way to Jakes room. Sophia was right and I squealed joyously when I saw the bottles of water lined up and happily turned the fan on.

I got comfy on the couch and waited for Jake to come back, I was about to go on my phone but noticed his shirt lying, folded, on the desk. It was white and a thin material that would match my denim shorts...

I tucked the white polo into my shorts and double checked it looked out. Happy with my new look I folded my old shirt and slipped it into my bag. I blushed slightly as Jakes scent was caught on the collar of the shirt, the all too familiar aftershave I've grown to love.

"Well that was pretty decent wasn't it?"

I jumped to see Jake barge into the room with a grin, I stood up and happily wrapped my arms around him.

"You did so well, the corners look terrifying I could barely watch!" I noted, lowering myself back onto my heels to look at him.

"Well apparently the heat was also a distraction?" He mused with a grin,

"Sorry." I sheepishly admitted, leading him back to the couch where we sat down.

"Hey... is that my shirt?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Yes because it is much cooler than my other one."

"Ah yes my team shirt is so much cooler than that tiny shirt!" He joked, attempting to pull a 'cool' pose,

"You know what I mean you idiot!" I laughed, heart fluttering as he pulled me into his chest,

"I know, I know... I like it... it shits you and you look good in it." He added, placing a soft kiss to my head,

"Thanks." I replied softly, happy I had accomplished to cool down and aqquired one of Jakes shirts from it.