• Daniel R •

I could barely contain my excitement as Daniel and I walked down the paddock, hand in hand, both in a light, chirpy step as the sun shone down on the Austrian Circuit. Daniel was calling out to people as we made our way to the Renault garage, his voice slightly muffled behind his mask. We finally made it to the garage and Daniel began talking with his engineers, I let my hand slip from his and made my place at the back of the garage where I had a good view of the screens. Daniel went off to the back room to get changed into his suit and a shirt while later he emerged. Seeing Daniel back in his racing suit was a welcome sight and I grinned under my mask as I could tell, he was also enjoying the familiar feeling of the racing suit. Daniel had a few more conversations with his engineers, had a good look around the car himself before picking up his helmet and sauntering his way over to me.

"A very confident walk Mr Ricciardo." I mused,

"I'm a very confident man." Daniel rested his arms on the table so he was leaning towards me.

I felt butterflies as Daniel pushed my hair behind his ear with a delicate touch before he rested his head on his hand and stared at me.

"You're so pretty," he whispered dreamily,

I scoffed,

"I'm behind a mask."

"Fine fine...you're eyes are very pretty, like stars on a dark night!" Daniel exclaimed, blinking ridiculously,

"Dan stop it!" I laughed, at his mock pick-up lines,

"I fell in love with you the second I saw those eyes." Dan produced the line like that of Romeo and I couldn't help but blush.

"Wait are you actually blushing!" Dan exclaimed, grinning as the rose blossom crept upon my cheeks and onto my nose, peeking out from above the mask.

"Drivers into the cars, two minutes to go!" An engineer shouted around the garage.

Daniel winked at me before placing on his helmet. Once more, he fluttered his eyelashes ridiculously before getting into the car, ready to start the first practice of 2020.