xvi. Getting To Know Benjamin Statton

•••

Hi! This chapter is dedicated to sanrioaesthetixcs! Thanks so much for reading ♡

•••

xvi

xvi. Getting To know Benjamin Statton

Benjamin and I ended up making plans for Friday - which just so happened to be today. We would watch some games, have a few beers, and probably also get some takeout. I really couldn't wait to have Benjamin over again since it really wasn't hard to enjoy being around him.

I was just changing my clothes when I heard the doorbell ring. I grinned and rushed to the door to let Benjamin in. I didn't want him to wait for too long.

When I opened the door for Benjamin, the man's eyes almost immediately shot down to my bare stomach. "Shit," I thought. I didn't realise that I was shirtless. I decided to try to act like I hadn't forgotten that shirts exist and spoke, "Like what you see?" After the words left my mouth, I almost immediately wanted to slap myself. "Aaand that sounded gay..."

Benjamin's eyes snapped back up to meet mine and I smirked as I watched the heat rise to his face and tips of his ears. I moved out of the way so Benjamin could step inside. "Come on in, man. I'm just gonna go throw on a shirt." Benjamin nodded his head and I then left to go back to my bedroom to get a shirt.

As I pulled a shirt over my head, I thought about how, for some odd reason, seeing Benjamin blush like that made my heart skip a beat. I decided on ignoring it, surely it was nothing.

I found Benjamin in my kitchen. He was unwrapping something and I approached him from behind to see what it was. I was decently close to him when I spoke and asked him: "What's that?" Benjamin tensed up and turned around quickly.

"Dude you can't scare me like that!" He whined, making me laugh. I hadn't meant to scare him, not really anyway.

"I know," I said. "Now, will you tell me what that is?" The man in front of me sighed, placed his hands on my chest and gently pushed me away while muttering something about personal space.

He then ran a hand through his brown hair and turned around to show me what he had been unwrapping. Brownies. I fucking loved brownies. "Did you make those?" I asked. Benjamin nodded with a small smile.

"I told you I'd bring something to eat," he said softly, making me smile. I hadn't had brownies in so long, especially not homemade ones because neither me or my parents liked to bake.

"Can I have one?" Benjamin nodded again and handed me a piece. I took it and bit into it, tasting the chocolate goodness. "Benji these are fucking amazing holy shit-" I cut myself off by taking another bite. "-These are the best brownies I've had."