xx. Breakfast And Forks

•••
This one goes out to vixxonelkrhoh. You've been here for so long and I just adore everything you've written. Thank you so much for reading ♡.

•••

xx. Breakfast and Forks

I stared down at the cup of tea between my hands. I had been up for a long time, just sitting in silence and drumming my fingers along the ceramic sides of the cup. The tea had already gone cold, there was no way it could be hot after almost an hour.

I heard Taylor’s phone go off and she seemed to wake up and answer the call, speaking in a hushed tone for a few minutes before hanging up and coming out of our room.

Arms wrapped around my neck from behind, startling me. I felt my muscles tense up on reflex and when Taylor let out a loud yawn and kissed my cheek, I forced myself to calm down. “Morning, babe,” I said. My voice was a bit worn out. Nothing new there.

“Good morning,” The woman responded before almost forcefully turning my head so she could kiss my lips. “Damn, I love you so much, baby. How long have you been up?”

“A while,” I said. “I don’t really know how many hours it’s been but probably a few. I love you too, by the way.” That was a lie. I knew I had been awake for the whole six and a half hours that Tay slept. “Why so affectionate today?”

“Oh no reason, baby. No need to worry,” She said and I knew to worry. I had gotten good at reading Taylor over the years and this one of the times I could use my skill. 

I noticed that one of her fists were clenched so hard that her perfectly manicured crimson nails dug into the palm of her hand and that her eyes seemed to avoid meeting mine. There weren’t many times that she did these two things, but one was when she was lying about something or hiding something from me.

“Alright. Would you like some breakfast? I can make you some if you want,” I offered as I stood from my seat and went to pour my tea into the sink. Taylor pulled out a chair from under the table and sat down.

“I would, thank you. What about you?” She said.

“I already ate,” I said. “Don’t worry about me.” I went to get some eggs from the fridge so I could make Taylor her breakfast. She liked omelettes with tomato, so that’s what I was planning on making for her her.

“Okay what the fuck is up with you? You’re acting so cold towards me,” Taylor spoke, her voice rising in volume. I didn’t turn around to look at her. I just stayed where I was at the counter and broke an egg into a bowl.

“Nothing. Just an off day I guess,” I said as I added another egg and broke the yolks with a fork. I hadn’t meant to sound so monotone and emotionless, but I was too tired to pull on a face that showed emotion. I poured milk into the eggs and went to get a frying pan, only to bump into Taylor who had gotten off her chair and was now staring at me with arms crossed.