xvii. Expressing Worries And Horror Movies

It was a few days later and I had just gotten off the phone with Caroline who promised to come visit me for the holidays. Christmas wouldn't be for almost two months, but it was good to know that she planned on coming to see me while on break since she wouldn't be able to make it for Thanksgiving because of a trip her family wanted to go on.

Today was halloween and Benjamin and I had decided on watching a few movies later in the evening while his girlfriend was away for a few days. She had apparently left abruptly for a business trip of some sort.

I sighed as I opened my laptop to do a small bit of work that I hadn't had the time to finish at work but needed to have done. It was nothing special, just some random paperworks and such, quite boring stuff if I'm being honest.

Once I finished the paperwork, I walked into the bathroom to make myself look a bit more presentable for when I would take the short trip up the stairs to hang out with the man who was quickly becoming one of my best friends. Obviously, Benjamin wouldn't take Caroline's place as my best friend, but he did have a chance at the title of best guy friend.

When all of that was done, I grabbed my keys and phone, got some shoes on my feet, and stepped out into the hallway. I walked up the echoey staircase towards the apartment I had been inside once before and rang the doorbell.

Soon, the door opened to a smiling Benjamin. "Hey, Sam," He said.

I grinned. "Well hello, Benji. How are you, my dude?" I pulled the guy in for a short bro hug. I noticed him wince slightly and I could feel my smile dim by just a small bit.

Benjamin let me step inside and closed the door behind me. "I'm good, man. What about you? Ready for horror classics?" He grinned. The man seemed quite chipper today. Maybe it was because Taylor wouldn't be around for a few days. Maybe it was for some other reason. I didn't really care about the reason, though; all I cared about was that he was happy.

"Bro I was born ready," I said, my grin returning back to its former glow.

"Well then let's go get started on that!" Benjamin exclaimed. "You hungry?" He then asked, looking at me questioningly.

"I guess I am a little bit hungry. Not too hungry yet though," I answered. Benjamin nodded.

"We can order pizza later if you want?" The man suggested and I nodded happily. When that was settled, I followed Benjamin to his living room so we could actually watch the movies.

The two of us settled on the couch that faced towards the television and Benjamin opened Netflix. We decided on a movie and started our little marathon.

We sat there, next to each other for hours. Watching movie after movie and only talking while looking for the next one to watch. We ordered the pizzas about halfway through our marathon and finished them over the next hour.