07

Chapter Seven | Love Markings

I arrived home sore and on the verge of passing out. It felt like a balloon is under my cranium, slowly being inflated, pressure mounting. I splash cold water on my face just to feel something refreshing and instantly wish I could wash my brain free of the toxins too. The mirror shows my eyes, no longer the party animal of last night, my clothes slightly torn and the smell of alcohol and Liam's vanilla scent lingering on me.

It made me nauseous.

I grabbed my phone out my pocket seeing it pinged with message after message, most of them from Andre and Caleb asking about my whereabouts. I'm far too hungover to respond, and instead, shove the phone back in my pocket. I'll talk to them when I recover. My brain felt like it was swelling beyond the capacity of my skull and now my dehydration was too obvious to ignore.

Making my way out the bathroom, I made my way towards the kitchen. I made myself a glass of water as quickly as my sore limbs could manage to move. The cold liquid soothes my dry throat, and within a few seconds I downed the entire glass. I moaned out an "Ahh," as I removed the glass from my lips. I didn't really have a reason. I just seen people in movies do that whenever they finally quenched their thirst.

Resting against the marble island I let the memories of the past twenty-four house fill my mind. I could still smell him on me. His vanilla scent lingering on my clothes, and his taste still in my mouth. I don't know what was going to make me hurl first, the brain killing hangover or the the fact that I actually slept with Liam Claremont last night. Of all the people at the party last night it had to be him? I would've taken anybody else, literally anyone else, but no, it just had to be the one person I despise the most.

I mean Liam Claremont has been a pain in my ass since kindergarten. I can't recall a time where we were in the same room and we weren't arguing, and on the verge of ripping each other's throat out. How could we end up sleeping together? It doesn't make any sense — none of this does. Last night is such a blur and I honestly can't even recall ever seeing him last night. I can't really recall anything from last night, honestly.

"Had fun last night?"

Braxton's curly fro peeped from around the corner, before he made his way on in the kitchen. He looked at me with a smilie tugging at the corner of his lips, both his hands in the pocket of his sweatpants. Chuckling to himself, he gave me a once over.

"Do I even wanna know why your clothes have holes in them? Or why you look like you've just been run over by a bulldozer?"

"It's been a long night." I downed the rest of my drink, slamming the glass onto the counter before resting my head down right after.

"I can see that," Braxton chuckled, before making his way over to the counter and taking a seat on the edge. He started to rub my back with his hand in a comforting manner. "Did you end up going through with your plan? Did you sleep with Imani?" He asked and I looked up, my brows raising up at him.