33

Chapter Thirty-Three | Cabin In The Woods

For the first time in a long time, my heartfelt full. It's an unexplainable feeling, one I'm not quite used to especially since the reason for that feeling Asher Montgomery. Crazy to think only a few months ago we were at each other throats and now we're . . . well still in each other throats but with an entirely different meaning.

The weekend came quicker than I expected it wasn't long before it was Saturday night. I stood outside on my balcony overlooking the area. The moon hovering above me, full and bright.

I wonder if the moon ever gets lonely.

It most likely does. I mean, there's no one up there. The stars that usually crowd the night sky didn't come out to play tonight so it's just the moon. The moon was a warm milky glow in the sky as if the sight of it could become a song in the eyes of anyone willing to raise their head upward. I wanted to take the moon and place it in my pockets if I could, but that's impossible because of logic.

Asher texted me told me he should be pulling up to our front gate any moment now. Good, I was already dressed and ready to go. Since the drive to the cabin was a couple of hours away I decided to pack a little backpack too, plus it goes great with my outfit. The only things I put in the backpack were the jewelry box and photos, along with a few other miscellaneous things. I even got some Sour Patch Kids just because I know Asher goes crazy over them.

My phone suddenly vibrates and before I can ever check the message I see headlights at the front gate. I couldn't fight the smile that came over my face at the sight of Asher's familiar Rang Rover. He flickered the lights as a signal that he was out here and I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

I know in most movies with the teen sneaking away from home they usually escape by jumping out the window or balcony, but I live in a two-story manor. Jumping out the window or falling from the balcony is a death sentence. I think back to the time I made Asher jump from the balcony, but that situation was different. I didn't like him then and his health concerns were the least of my worries. He survived through but Asher's built like that, tough and lean. I'm a peach. I bruise too easily.

I grabbed my backpack and make my way out of my room. I looked out into the hall to see it empty and quiet. Not a Claremont insight. I slowly closed the door behind myself. I gave one last look down the hallway before I started making my way towards my father's office. I needed to get one last thing before I leave.

I made it to the double doors of the office and twisted the knob. The room was completely dark and still, so that's when I clicked on the lights I nearly jumped out of my skin when I spotted my father in his Velvet robe swaying in a desk chair behind his office. His blue eyes motioned over to me, his face an expressionless void of pure disappointment and disdain.

"W-what are you doing up?" I stumbled over my own words, staring down at my watch. It's almost one in the morning. I've never known my father to stay up past eleven.