27

Chapter Twenty-Seven | Cherry Blossom

If you were to tell me a couple weeks ago that I'd be spending my Friday afternoon on the phone with Toby Kim — I'd probably slap you square in the face, and yet here I am, on the phone with Toby Kim for the past thirty minutes and fifteen seconds. I don't know what my life has come to honestly.

"And he was all like "I thought I smelled failure," and then I was like "then you must be smelling yourself," " Toby crackled into laughter on the other end, his childlike squeal filling my ears. "That was a good one right?"

I exhaled a sigh, flipping through one of my mother's vintage Vogue catalogs I found laying around the house. "For you, I guess." I shrugged as if he could see, flipping to another page.

I always find myself rummaging through my mother's old collections from her modeling days. The rush of serotonin I get when I look at the designs and fabric that goes into creating a single piece is literally what I live for. The amount of happiness and comfort I feel when I think about working with some of the most credible names in high fashion is unmatched. I live for it. I like to think in another life where my last name wasn't Claremont and my name wasn't tied to a multibillion-dollar business, I'd be going to school for something fashion related, probably in Paris or Milan where I'd have to make a name for myself on my own.

Sadly, I'm stuck here in America and my last name is most definitely Claremont, and I'm the heir to one of the most successful companies in the world, and I attended one of the most expensive yet poorly mannered schools in the world where so-called boys that make you think that they like you let their friends dump pasta on your head.

I hate it here and I hate Asher too, again.

Ever since the little accident with Andre and Caleb in the cafeteria, I've been doing my best to wipe any memory of Asher from my mind, and much to my dismay the boy wasn't making it easy since he's tried calling and texting me multiple times. Normally I wouldn't hesitate to hit the block bottom on someone but this is different. I want Asher to know I received his messages, I've read them and I'm purposely not replying.

Maybe then he'll feel what I felt in the cafeteria the other day.

"Hey Liam," Toby's voice snapped me out of thought.

"Yeah?"

"I'm trying to finish this report for Mrs. Vega and I need help trying to find a synonym for this word. What's the word for horny but not in, like, a sexual way, like, I'm horny for Halloween but I don't wanna fuck a pumpkin, you know?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it for a moment. "I think the word you're looking for is "excited".

I could feel him smile through the phone. "Okay thanks, I-" He suddenly stopped himself. "That's weird, why is he calling me of a sudden?"