4. dark doubts

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

Wooyoung was seriously growing tired of playing video games something Jongho obviously couldn't relate to judging by how much adrenaline and energy he still had. He whines out and falls back on couch after beating Jongho in another round of Mario cart.

"Ugh, I'm so bored Jongho" The older of the two whines out. This comment causes Jongho to shake his head in disagreement.

"No you're not. J-just one more round..." He pleads as he hastily starts another game. He felt his self confidence from earlier that evening begin depleting. He kept beating Wooyoung back to back and now the tables had turned. Granted he did ask Wooyoung to stop going easy on him it was still frustrating and discouraging.

"Yah- No more rounds Jongho. I'm gonna go finish my painting" He places his console on the small coffee table in front of them. Jongho pouts at him.

"Is that all you ever do? Paint? You're so boring"

"Is playing super Mario cart all you ever do? Shut up" Wooyoung retorts before leaving. Jongho flips him off and curses under his breath. Being the youngest of three, while had its upsides it also had its downsides. Especially if one older brother is next in line to be king and is always busy and the other spends all his days making useless paintings after paintings. Life tended to get a bit stale, that added to the fact that he's immortal.

As Wooyoung made his way back to his room he realized that he hadn't had a drop of blood all day. He was starving. He made a quick detour to the kitchen and was met with the palace chef who was busy whistling a soft tune under his breathe while cleaning up the stove.

"Mingi? What are you still doing here at this hour? Won't you go home?" Wooyoung asks with amusement as he makes his way to the cooler were all their blood bags were stored.

Mingi looks back at him with a startled expression before he calms down after seeing who had made a sudden appearance. "Oh it's just you, I almost thought it was someone actually important" He turns back to the stove and resumes his cleaning. "I was just finishing up. What about you? Isn't it past your bedtime?" He snorts at his own joke.

Vampires don't require sleep. They also don't attain sustenance from food. They live off of blood and blood alone. Whether it be animal blood or human blood, it was all the same. The only difference being that human blood was one of the sweetest and most favorable amongst the vampire race.

Unfortunately for them drinking human blood is illegal.

"Hah, hilarious" His response comes out dry and sarcastic as he opens up the cooler then grabs at the first bag he spots. "I'd be careful if I were you. The palace is almost deserted which means there's no one near to hear us... and I happen to be craving something other than antelope blood" He says with a raised brow as reaches into a cabinet for a glass cup then opens up the bag of thick crimson red liquid.