43. fidelity

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

"Let him go or I'll end your pitiful life right here and now" Sehyoon mutters darkly as he presses the wooden weapon a little deeper into Hongjoong's back causing the vampire to loosen his hold around San's neck slowly then eventually dropping his hand completely.

"San, run" Sehyoon commands once he saw that the drow was now free.

San was hesitant. He looks at Sehyoon who had a deep hateful scowl on his face as he practically stared daggers into the back of Hongjoong's head. Then he looks over at Wooyoung and immediately wished he hadn't.

The vampire was crouched forward on his knees with blood slowly dripping down his chin and dark hair a disheveled mess. His wide silver grey eyes stared right back at San with disbelief. He kept waiting for San to say something. To do something to prove Hongjoong wrong.

There's no way that all we had was fake. That's impossible... right... San? He pleaded with his eyes.

"San! Now!" Sehyoon's voice echoes out in the tense atmosphere of the room, snapping San's mind back to attention.

And San ran, refusing to cast another look at the vampire he had managed to fall in love with. Tears brimming at his eyes as he bursted out into the hallway and sprinted

Wooyoung felt his heart shatter and the tears he tried to hold back finally fell. His head fell forward and his hands formed fists on the carpeted floor. How could I be so stupid...? He mentally kicked himself for falling for a drow despite his older brother's warnings. He knew Hongjoong was probably thinking something along the lines of 'I told you so'.

With San out of the room, Sehyoon draws his arm back to deliver the kill strike but Hongjoong was quick to react by shifting a bit to the left. This in turn causes the stake to just barely miss his heart.

Hongjoong screams out in pain due to the bloody stake now pushed into his back and protruding out of his chest. Sehyoon mentally curses at the fact that he missed but doesn't dwell too much on it because he quickly turns on his heel and sprints out of the room.

Hongjoong grits his teeth as he attempts to pull it out with one hand. The pain was sharp and almost mind numbingly overwhelming. He releases a breath, screws his eyes shut and this time uses both of his hands to yank it out of the chest. By the time he was done he already had a thin layer of sweat built up on his forehead.

The peice of blood covered wood drops to the floor and he pushes himself off the wall, staining it with his blood stained hand. He looks over at Wooyoung who was still crouched over on the floor. Hongjoong took notice of how his shoulder subtly moved up and down. He's crying.

Hongjoong's eyes soften and he pulls himself to his knees in order to meet Wooyoung's level, his wound already beginning to heal.

"Hey, Woo look at me" Hongjoong says sympathetically as he places a hand on his brother's shaking shoulder. Wooyoung doesn't respond to his command, instead he shrugs Hongjoong's hand off.