44. one last time

This chapter hits different if you listen to 'Breathe Me' by Sia or 'My Love' by Baekhyun as you read 🥴 oki enjoy

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

"San" A voice calls out to them and San froze in place. His blood turning cold and his stomach doing flip flops. He knew exactly who that was. He slowly turned around and met the once warm and inviting eyes of Wooyoung which were now cold and distant.

His eyes red and puffy, like he'd been crying alot. His hark hair a mess on his head. All the blood having being washed off from his chin revealing his chapped slightly parted lips.

San couldn't even begin to start explaining how hurt yet oddly calm Wooyoung looked. It almost scared him that the vampire didn't seem angry, furious even, at him.

It felt like time had frozen and they were the only two left on earth. Like Sehyoon wasn't there. Like there weren't hundreds of guards hunting them down at the moment. Just the two of them.

San kept opening and closing his mouth to say something but he could barely find his voice.

"I-" He starts but Wooyoung cuts him off.

"Was it all fake? The kisses the sweet words? Was it really all part of your plan? To... use me?" Wooyoung asks huskily. His voice slightly hoarse. He bit his bottom lip as he waited patiently for San's response.

He wanted to hear it. No, he needed to hear it from San himself. Not some allegation from Hongjoong.

He needed to know.

San looked at everywhere but at the vampire. He finally built up the courage to look Wooyoung in the eyes. "No, it wasn't fake. I mean at first the plan was to... use you but.. somewhere along the way I ended up falling for you Wooyoung. Every single kiss we shared was real I swear" He speaks so earnestly that Wooyoung could've sworn he actually looked like he was telling the truth.

Wooyoung doesn't say anything and San felt his heart drop deeper and deeper at the silence. "I never intended to hurt you" He speaks after another few seconds of intense staring.

"But you did" The vampire retorts. He sounded angry then that anger shifted to hurt. "I trusted you San" His brows crease and his bottom lip quivered so much San could see it from the few feet away he stood.

"I trusted you with practically everything. I told you many secrets that most outsiders don't even know... and you used it against me and my family"

San quickly shook his head. "I- I didn't.. I didn't even know the blood supply had vervain nor did I know I had blood in my system. You have to believe me. I- I would never try to kill you" San tried his best to explain but ended up stumbling over his words multiple times.

Wooyoung shifts his gaze to the floor because the longer he stared at the drow's beautiful eyes the closer he felt to bursting into tears again. His heart hurt because even if San was lying he knew he couldn't help how he felt about him. He was undeniably head over heels in love with San. But he knew that they could never be together especially not now that he's basically an S ranked criminal in Naex. If the drow gets caught Wooyoung was sure San would be killed. No, he was positive.