42. the unravelling

srry for the late update 😭

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

9 hours earlier

Mingi felt extremely nervous about tonight. Actually this was the most nervous he'd been in a while. He and 5 other cooks were in the kitchen preparing for the beautillion that evening. They had made an assortment of foods but not very plentiful seeing as most vampires were only interested in blood.

"You ok Mingi?" Rana, one of the faery cooks asks with an arched brow and the human was quick to force a tight lipped smile at her.

"I'm fine. Just didn't really get much sleep last night is all" He waves her off as he lifts a used stainless steel pot to the sink for washing.

Rana just shrugs it off and pats his shoulder playfully as she walks past him. "Alright. I've gotta go help set up the ballroom. I'll talk to you later" She says curtly as she walks out of the large kitchen, waving goodbye to the other 4 cooks.

He throws her a quick glance over his shoulder before returning his attention to a particular stain on the inside of the pot. He bit his bottom lip in concentration as mind began zoning out of the movement around him.

He began thinking of Yunho. It'd been almost a week since he last saw the drow but it felt way longer than that. His heart ached thinking of all the agony the fragile minded male was forced to endure all on his own.

It wouldn't be too long now till he could hold Yunho again. He was so nervous about tonight he almost felt nauseous thinking about it.

"Mingi" A voice whispers to him from the unknown and he looks around the room in question. Everyone else was busy either finishing up the food or cleaning down the dirty counter tops so it was clear no one had called him.

Mingi shakes his head and returns back to what he was doing. "I must be going crazy.." He mutters to himself.

"Mingi!" The voice calls again, this time louder than the first time. Mingi immediately looked towards the entrance to the kitchen and saw the owner of voice. Sehyoon?

Sehyoon waved for him to come then quickly ducked behind the wall when one of the other cooks turns towards where Mingi was staring. When the dwarf didn't find anything there they looked back at Mingi quizzically.

Mingi laughs awkwardly as he wipes his hand dry. "I need to use the washroom. I'll be back" With that note he hastily shuffled out of there and into the empty hallway. There was no Sehyoon in sight.

He releases a puff of air and places his hands on his hips. Suddenly someone grabs him from behind and began pulling him towards a space underneath the stairs. He saw that it was the disguised drow so he follows obediently.

"Sehyoon, what is it?" Mingi asks in a hushed tone once they were under the privacy of the stairs.

"New plan" Sehyoon says darkly as he pulls out a palm sized bag with twine tying it close. Mingi wasn't wasn't sure what he was looking at.