40. the tragedy that is unrequited love

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

It was around mid day when San had stirred awake from his slumber only to realize that Wooyoung was no where to he found. He sits up with a tired groan and winces at the pain on the side of his neck.

He reaches up and feels a peice of square adhesive bandage on the spot Wooyoung had bitten him. He rolls his neck tiredly just before a loud yawn erupts and echoes in the large room.

He looks over at the window and took note of the somewhat gloomy weather. Clouds were quickly gathering making the day look later than it actually is. He knew it meant it was going to rain later that night.

How fitting... he thought to himself. He was sure Lloth was laughing at him from above for being stupid and letting himself fall for a vampire.

His thoughts were interrupted when the door suddenly bursts open. San flinches out of surprise and holds his chest dramatically when he saw that it was only Sehyoon. "Aish- are you trying to give me a heart atttack"

"I heard you're going to the party thing tonight, like as an attendee" The disguised drow blurts as he shuts the door behind him.

San just shrugs. "Y-yeah what of it?"

"Are you serious? You didn't think to maybe tell me? Now I have to revise my plan" Sehyoon says with frustration then he sits on the bed and looks through the window and out at the gathering gloomy storm clouds.

San gulps and fiddles with his fingers. "S-sehyoon I was thinking.. uhm" He starts and the older male snaps his head at San waiting for him to speak.

"What is it?" He cocks his head to the side in confusion. San opened his mouth to speak but no words came out, his dainty hands just kept clenching and unclenching. Sehyoon had to place his hand over San's shaky ones in an attempt to calm him down.

"What?" He asks again. "Spit it out"

I don't want to leave anymore.

"N-nothing. Nevermind. Just can't wait to get out of here" He chuckles to alleviate Sehyoon's worry. Sehyoon just grins at him the ruffles his messy bedhead like an older brother.

"Me too. Just a couple more hours and we'll be out of this damned city. Here..." He mutters to himself as he digs through the pockets in his pants. His hand retracts itself and now had a small pouch in it. Sehyoon tosses the pouch to San and the latter quickly catches it. "Corn pellets. Your favorite" Sehyoon nudges San playfully. San flashes a small smile at the older male before shifting his eyes back down to the bag of snacks on his thighs.

"Thanks hyung" He says as he grabs a handful of the snack and gobbles it up. Sehyoon just chuckles at him. His grey eyes then shifts to the clearly obvious bandage of the younger male's neck.

"By the way, what happened to you neck?" Sehyoon starts up again after a few seconds of thorough observation. San snapped his head back up but didn't even know how to respond.