Prologue

There are two types of people in this world.

The ones who have an easy stride in everything they do. Their world is a playground where they find success in anything, especially socially in a way that comes naturally. But beneath them, in a space they never get to experience are the ones who struggle and view the hook ups, parties and everything young and fun from the side lines.

I'm the second choice. I never fit in anywhere even when I tried my best. When your best isn't good enough, you just give up because it's safer to stay behind your high walls where no one can hurt you. I built my world behind them and I rarely let anyone in. I walked the halls of my high school lost inside my head and became the eternal "mute" of my school. At first I hated the tag but I realized I shouldn't fight it, so I embraced it. When I finally graduated my personal hell, I wanted everything to be different and even for a moment I let myself believe that college will be my moment. That movie style montage where I suddenly change and become everything I ever wanted to be and break the pattern that is my life. I'd make friends and actually have some kind of social life that I'm starting to give up on.

But of course, that did not happen until I got a change to step into his life and view the other side from up close from a guy that sits on the throne of this college with a golden crown and a wild smirk. From first sight, he has it all; girls who would die for a moment with him, guys who would kill to continue being his friend, a wealthy family who lives in one of the most prestigious cities in Connecticut and charisma that can hypnotize you at one glance.

As I got closer and closer to him, I realized that beneath everything was a whole lot of mystery that doesn't meet the eye.

It took one single moment to change everything. But at the end of the day, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.