Loren

Wednesday

Everything was great. I was happy and lightheaded and not completely consumed by what happened with my brother, Derek. But just like everything is with me and Bradley, reality caught up to remind me who I am in his world. I'm that secret he keeps deep inside because me and him are not formed from the same material.

The thought to call Jeremiah was done almost automatically. My finger hit his name even though I was in a bad place with him. He was a perfect gentleman and such a good guy coming down here in this hour just for me because I needed him. Jeremiah proved he's a true friend and I don't use that term easily.

I don't give trust quickly anymore after being let down and hurt so many times by people who I thought were my friends. On numerous occasions I was backstabbed, ditched for more popular crowds and the list goes on. So, as a result, I built a wall so high that not many people get to peak into. The less people I let in, the less I get hurt.

"I'm so sorry, Loren" Jeremiah says with worry in his eyes. "I'm glad you decided to call me"

I wipe my tears with some tissues he brought me. He raced here in his red plaid pajamas that are way too big for his skinny body.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things to you the other day" I say flatly.

"It's okay" he says calmly and pauses for a moment. "So you want to tell me what happened this time?"

I play with my hands and think of how to make it sound less horrible than what it is.

"Bradley disappeared when his friends came out of nowhere and I started getting an anxiety attack"

Yeah sounds about right. Minus Bradley hiding me.

Jeremiah lets out a breathe and I can see he's dying to tell me 'I told you so'.

"Sounds like something he would do" Jeremiah says under his breathe.

I nod. "Yeah... it just surprises me each time. I get lost in him and then this storm comes out of nowhere breaking me, it's scary"

"He is the one who brings the storm to you. To anyone around him"

Bradley is the storm.

"Maybe..." I say letting that sink in.

I focus on his driving and when I look at the dash he's actually driving the exact speed limit which seems so damn slow after driving with Bradley. His recklessness became normal.

Man, I need to stay away.

"Who is that?" Jeremiah asks carefully.

"Bradley" I say and look down at my phone that's vibrating non stop.

14 missed calls : Bradley

"He's not going to let you take a break from him you know that, right?"

"I know" I say and space out.

And I can't stay away from him either. It's a fucked up roller coaster I bordered.

We finally make it to the dorm and honestly if Bradley wasn't there I'd be surprised. He parked his car like a maniac on the sidewalk near the door and it looks like he got out before the car even stopped.