Loren

Sunday

After what happened with Derek being an absolute asshole and stalker I've been so stressed.

I'm trying to put my mind on something else so I don't feel completely lost and paranoid. One of those things is mentally preparing myself for an interview I had at the university's coffee shop, but no matter how much I tired, I couldn't bring myself to go there.

My anxiety took over me and the thought of being judged gave me cold feet. The manager even called me but I was too panicked to answer. So now, I'm jobless meaning I have zero dollars in my account and I have to walk everywhere because I can't pay my shuttle fee.

On top of all that, Macey and Ally have been unbearable lately. More than usual that is, ever since Derek was here and they overheard him talking about me and some guy. Luckily for me, they're as dumb as it gets so they haven't really been close to who it may be. I mean their hottest trail I've overheard them gossiping about was that it's actually a girl.

Fucking idiots.

I'm on my way to the library on campus to get some extra work done. Finals are coming up and I'm as stressed as can be. I've been breaking out and can barley sleep and when I do sleep, it's always dreams about me waking up late for finals or missing the shuttle. One dream I had for the first time was about Bradley; I was sitting next to him in class and I let him copy my test and then things started getting a bit sexual.

I hate to admit how much I've missed him and hate that I also like it. I mean, as long as he can't meet up I don't have to be weird about not being seen together in public because saying oh my older brother is stalking me and is going to tell my dad who hates your guts isn't going to sound well.

I finally get to the library after walking for at least twenty minutes with my heavy bag. I find an empty table to sit at by the window and the view is nice. I take out my laptop and start doing my computer science tasks with my headphones on listening to my favorite boy band.

I never understood how students can study in a group, I always find myself much better at getting things done by myself.

A few minutes go by and someone taps my shoulder. I jump a bit, then take out one of my earphones.

"Loren, right?"

"Yeah, hey" I say shyly.

I have this thing where it surprises me when people I meet once remember something so trivial like my name or at all. I always assume I go about unnoticed and people who meet me wouldn't remember me again like I remember them.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" Jeremiah says smiling. "Can I sit here?"

"It's okay and of course" I say and move my bag from the chair. I like to put it on a spare seat because it makes people think someone is sitting there and I can avoid any kind of socialization.

He places his backpack on the ground and puts his laptop on his lap. I don't know how I didn't notice Jeremiah before in stats but then again, people don't notice me either.

"So what brings you to the library on a Sunday?"

"Stress" I say and he laughs.