Loren

Tuesday

I wake up and notice right away that I'm in a strange home. So much has happened yesterday that I can barley piece it together. One moment I'm with Ben and that girl, the next I'm sitting next to Bradley while he's pouring his heart out in front of all of Los Angeles.

It was so surreal, I almost think that maybe it never happened at all. I remember him saying he made a mistake and the soft kiss.

I sit up slowly still feeling like shit and watch Bradley sleep peacefully in the middle of the bed. He looks so different sleeping than when he's awake. Maybe the only time he actually shuts off whatever's bothering him lately.

I get up and head out of the room, expecting it to be a humble off campus dorm Bradley has somehow. Nothing could've prepared me for the beauty that is this apartment. If I didn't know there was a bedroom here, I would swear I'm in a fancy secret museum downtown only cool people know about. I scan each picture down the long white hallway leading to the living room. Most are portraits of people but some are more candid, taken from afar, along with pictures of nature.

Stunning.

But one photograph catches my eye. It's at the end of the hall, right next to the living room. When I get closer, I notice it's picture of me and Bradley kissing during the truth or dare back when I was there on thanksgiving break. It's super closed up, only showing us from the nose down. It has a little white label underneath tagged 'when worlds collide' by Indie Underwood.

The picture sucks me in so much, taking me back to that moment, I barley notice the photograph next to it.

Bradley, standing in the middle of a field in a grass stained uniform with war paint under his eyes, smiling a cheeky smile from ear to ear post game with a football pointed at Indie. He's looking directly into the camera even though there's so many people around. He looks so different now that's I almost don't know who he is lately. The tag reads 'a future collectible' by Indie Underwood.

"Hey" Bradley says coming up to stand by me. He's shirtless in his boxers and I have to try my best to not get too hot. "This is all Indie's shit by the way"

"I figured" I say playfully and it loosens him up bit that I've made a joke.

Bradley takes the green light, steps a bit closer and notices the picture of me and him.

"Is that us?" He says looking up closer. "Kind of creepy she hung it here, isn't it?" Bradley says scanning the picture as I'm watching him.

"Maybe a little..." I say thinking about it now.

"It's fucking weird but... you look hot as hell, freshman" he says smirking bumping into me. "If I saw this, I would buy it, block out the guy and hang it in my bedroom"

"Now that's creepy" I say and he laughs while putting his arm around me.

I look up at him and notice he's disconnected suddenly.

"What's going on?" I ask concerned.

"I remember when she took this" he says quietly. "I was so fucking stressed, everything I was working for all freshman year of high school led up to this game. The bleachers were packed, everyone was wearing our teams blue jerseys, rooting for us the whole game. Indie was the only one who showed up from my family and when I landed that final touchdown, getting the team the win, everyone jumped over the fence and stormed us on the field. I noticed her right away because Indie was the only one who refused to wear the jersey because 'it's for posers'"