Bradley

I drop Lexie off and rush to pick up the guys to practice. All drive to the stadium I can barley keep my composure because I'm nervous about the upcoming game and having to get Ben on board with my deal.

I know him well enough to know that it's dangerous to put a girl in his sights, especially a good girl like Loren but I have to go for it for the sake of football.

Luckily for me, the guys don't notice that I'm on edge because they're too busy on their phones.

Ben is my dads new wife's son. She had him when she was 16 and has another son with my dad now. Ever since I met Ben I knew right away that he was an ever bigger dick than me. Zero respect for woman, a total asshole without having the slightest bit of remorse for fucking up girls' lives.

Every time I see him it reminds me of what happened Junior year of high school and it gets me sick to my stomach every time.

I don't know why but I decide to leave him voice mail. "Hey call me back when you see this, I have to talk to you about something important"

"What is this 1993? Who are you leaving a fucking voice mail to?" Wesley asks not lifting his gaze from his phone.

"My sister" I lie. Can't have them asking me a million questions again.

"Your sister? Doesn't your family live in Connecticut?" Grant says.

"Yeah but my sister is in California now" this isn't a lie. She is working here as a photographer or some shit.

There's a long silence and I'm relieved. They are my best friends but they don't know much about my personal life. Probably because I don't share.

Wesley gets a text and breaks the silence.

"Kate just texted me that the after game party will be at her house. Her parents aren't home and their house is massive. You know what that means" he says.

I know exactly what he means. Bigger house, more rooms. I'm more happy about the change of subject though.

"Isn't it dumb for me to go to a party at my fucking ex's house?" I snap.

"It is. But their family is rich as fuck so you know there's going to be quality liquor as well"

I roll my eyes and let out a breathe I was holding. "I'm not going to her fucking house I don't care if there will be all the alcohol in the world"

"Suit yourself, Underwood" Grant says.

I find parking near the stadium. The place is already packed with students dressed in our teams colors. People chant my name and cheer us on as we step into the locker rooms.

There are massive banners all around campus of me. I hate how I look there, it's so photoshopped and makes me looks so intimidating.

We get into our orange uniform. Put on black war paint and step out into the field. I thank god I have football in my life to take out all my fucking stress. Maybe that's why I'm good at it, because I'm always on edge. I shake off the thought. I need to focus.

******

We won the game by a fucking landslide. So many people storm the field to lift us up on their shoulders. They lead to the bleachers where I see Ashley's blonde hair and usual barley there crop top cheering. I take off my gear and uniform to give them a show. Fuck I live for this natural high.

I feel the high of winning just like everyone on the team as I drive to my ex girlfriends house for the after game party. The guys are already drunk, so again I became a fucking uber.