Two - Intimacy and Films

Two- Intimacy and Films
"Hi Cher! I got you some chill-pads coz I read on the Internet that its good for you right now."

I wake up to my boyfriend, knocking on my door at 11am on my day off, because he wanted to give me chill-pads. Are you seriously kidding me right now? It didn't occur to him once that he should leave me alone when I'm off school and not feeling well?

"Thank you Liam." I say taking them from him.

"You're welcome."

I walk back to the inside of my flat and Liam follows close behind me, uninvited. I can't see him but he probably has a stupid smile on his face. I lay down on my couch quietly as my little boy of a lover stares down at me.

"Are you feeling any better today?"

"Not too much Liam. It's supposed to last a week." I say.

"Oh, well I was just wondering coz I wanted to spend time with you, maybe we could go see a film."

"I'll think about it Li."

"Okay." He pouts.

He sits down on the chair beside the arm of the couch and looks down at me with that stupid smile of his. If he were a normal boy I would've thought he was gonna kiss me. But there's two things 1) Liam's not a normal boy and 2) I watch him lick his lips right at that moment and he's definitely not gonna kiss me after that. I won't let him.

"Hi." He says.

"Hello."

"I want to do something with you really bad."

"I know you do. But I don't think I wanna go."

"Please Cher Bear."

Sometimes I wonder how I'm even in this relationship in the first place.

"Okay; just lemme get dressed."

Right as I say that Liam covers his eyes with his hand. It's cute but really stupid coz I have a bedroom, with a door.

I walk into my room and shut the door before going through some stuff to wear. I finally found a comfortable jumper and pair of skinny jeans to put on. Within about 5 minutes I was back in Liam's view and he drove us to the cinema coz I can't drive. At least not legally, or yet. We picked a film to watch and then sat at our seats patiently waiting for the film to start. I stared at Liam's face silently waiting for something better to do, wondering if I would find one.

------------

We came back to my flat at about 8 after we ate lunch at the world's best pizza shop and Liam insisted on seeing another film; and then buying dinner. He really blew some cash today. I walk into my room and collapse tiredly on my bed. With my achy stomach and worn out body I just feel like falling asleep. But Liam's standing in the room and that'd be rude.

"Cher?"

"Yeah?" I say.

"I'm lonely."

"Why are you lonely?"

"Because when I'm not around you I come home to an empty house. Zain hasn't been around lately."

"Why not?" I ask, holding back from telling him how I feel about Zain.

"He started seeing this girl. Now he spends most of his time; and nights with her."

"I'm sorry. But you can relate right? You have me."

"I do but; it's different." He says. And I know what he means. "Am I missing out on something? Are we missing out on something?"

"No Liam; don't think about it like that. It's something that once you give away; you can't ever get back. With the way you are now; you're perfect Liam. That's something I don't want to take away from you."

"But what if I'm not good enough for you because-"

"You'll tell me when you're ready. And I'll know when you mean it. Then it'll be when I see that you really haven't loved anyone else like me. Sorry there's no way to tell for myself."

"Well, you're putting up with me."

"You don't do anything wrong Liam." I say. "Could you lay with me?"

He takes a moment, but then walks into my outstretched arms to cuddle with me. This is weird, because we've never done it before. But I like it. I like feeling Liam's embrace. I like the way it feels when I rest my head on his warm chest as he runs his fingers over my back.

"I like this Liam. I like hugging you, but I never have for this long." I tell him.

"I know. What was the rush?"

"I'm wondering that right now."

"Anything else I might have rushed on?"

"Just this."

We lay there like that with each other all night. Liam finally stayed.

---------------

When I wake up the next morning Liam is sprawled across the opposite side of my bed. The kid looks like he'd been up all night and his hair is everywhere. That's my sweet Li Li in Zain's words. I get up and go to the kitchen to make him breakfast. I don't wanna wait until he gets up and says he's hungry when I could've made food from the start. I pour some pancake mix into a bowl before realising that I am out of eggs. I run over to my phone and call Katie for help.

"Hey Cher what's up?"

"Nothing much; I was just wondering if you could walk up a couple floors and bring me a few eggs?" I ask.

"Sure. I'll be there in a minute."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

I hang up and go back over to the stove to flip the pancakes. Soon after I see Liam walking out my room rubbing his eyes.

"Wakey, wakey sleepy head!"

"Hi Cher." He mumbles.

"This is the least happy I have seen you."

"I just got up. Give me a few moments to readjust to life."

"Whatever; just pull yourself together. I need you to be happy."

Liam lays back down on the couch. I don't know why, he slept like a baby last night. It took me about a whole conversation to realise that he had fallen asleep. He looks so adorable when he sleeps. I watch him for a few seconds and smile at him before going to the fridge to pour him some juice. I walk over to him and set his drink on the coffee table.

"Thanks."

"Of course baby."

I sit at the table to give Liam some space. Then after about 5 minutes I hear a knock on the door. I get up and walk across the room to opened it and see Katie standing there.

"Hi Katie."

"Hey Cher." She answers.

"Hello Kate." Liam greets her.

Katie's eyes move from me to Liam to me.

"Can I talk to you?" She asks. I nod and walk outside shutting the door. "Liam stayed the night with you?"

"Hey hey hey, don't get any ideas. There was no touching, just cuddling and Liam barely did that."

"Oh god; you made it to the first level."

"Oh shut it Katie." She laughs and hands me the eggs in her hands. "Thank you."

"No problem."

Katie walks away and I walk back into the flat to cook my boyfriend breakfast.

(A/N sorry to the world and myself that there isn't any Chiam cuddling pictures on the Internet. So I just chose a pic where Cher looked cuddly.)