Eight - Birthdays and Complaints

It is late and loud. The sound of noise makers, balloons popping, the music playing and people yelling/talking took over the house. That's why Liam and I are sitting in the kitchen trying to find peace. Zain invited some of his friends over and now this party has become a nightmare. Liam picks up some cups and throws them in the trash can while I turn away from him and pour myself a drink. He then comes up behind me and pecks my cheek.

"What do you want Liam?"

"Nothing much; just to thank you for throwing this party for me." He says.

"You're welcome."

He turns me around and presses his lips against mine for a sweet second I enjoy so much. I almost return it. But I've learned to let him do what he wants and be done with it.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome Cher Bear." I hold out a drink for him.

"What if I have to drive you home?"

"Come on Li I'll be fine. You can have one drink."

"Okay." He says taking the drink. 

He drinks a little bit of it before setting it back down. He obviously doesn't want it.

"Wow I'm ready for bed."

"Could I come?" I ask.

"Why?"

"Nothing I just want to sleep with you and get away from these people."

"Okay, come on."

Liam and I walk down the hall to his bedroom and lock the door. It makes me slightly uncomfortable; but Liam undresses and puts on his pyjamas before lying down.

I climb up on his bed and cuddle up against his warm chest. He wraps his arms back around me and I feel my jeans brushing his legs. He lets out a sigh that smells of alcohol; and sounds of annoyance.

"You okay baby?"

"I'm fine; just a headache. I know you meant well, but I don't really like parties."

"Me neither."

"Yeah."

"I love you so much Liam."

"I know; you've always been good to me. I have no complaints."

"I don't either. You're too perfect."

I can't see him too well; but I know he's smiling. Before I know it he leans forward and I feel his lips on mine. We move in sync perfectly and it's one of the loveliest moments I've ever had. I set my hands on his torso and what I thought would scare him off doesn't. He just sets his hands on my shoulders and leans over me so that I am under him.

He leaves me there for a moment; but in a quick second he stops. He pulls his lips from me and seems embarrassed. And I know why.

"Liam it's okay."

"No it's not; how am I supposed to make it stop?" He says. I realise that I can't relate and wonder what to tell him.

"Um, maybe I should leave and you'll feel better in about 30 minutes."

"But it's gonna kill me Cher."

"Well what do you want me to do? Do you wanna remember your first time as when you snogged a girl and needed instant relief?" He doesn't say anything to me. But I won't let him use me like this. He'll regret it as soon as he feels better. "I'll see you later Liam."

I leave the room and go walking down to his bedroom hall. I'm done with this party; I just wanna go home. But when I see Zain turning the corner, I know it won't be that easy.

"Hey princess." Oh shit.

He grabs me by the arm and pulls me into another room shutting the door. The lights are on and by the smell, I'm guessing that this is Zain's room.

"I'm leaving." I say trying to get to the door.

"Come on babe. You don't have to act like this." He says stepping in front of my escape route.

"I don't like you Zain."

"So? I don't like you either."

"You're dating Perrie Zain. Don't do this to her."

"What do you really care?"

"Cheating is really wrong."

"Says who?"

"Says me. I've experienced it before and it's terrible. I wouldn't ever do that to my baby. Liam deserves so much better."

"He doesn't know what better is! He doesn't even know what it's like to make a girl feel good."

"He makes me happy Zain. That's all I want."

"No it's not." He says no more. He just leans over and presses his lips against me. It's something I haven't felt in forever, so when I think about telling him to stop I don't coz I can't. Not until he makes his way inches across my skin and I know I'll have marks all over me.

"Cut it out Zain." I say shoving him away from me.

"You know you liked it."

"Just leave me the fuck alone. I'm tired of you ruining everything for Liam. He can't even have a birthday party without you screwing it up; he can't have a girlfriend! Why can't you be a good friend?"

"Coz we're not friends."

"Then why do you live in a house together?"

"To save money Cher; the idiot just thinks that just because we split rent that I like him but I don't." I feel tears welling up behind my eyes. I'm getting weaker, and I need out of here. "You don't have to cry Cher, lemme help."

You probably want to know what I did; and if you do the answer is nothing. I should've left the room way sooner so that I could stand my ground. But I didn't.

(A/N ok so I've been working on a new Chiam called "Detention." I'm still working on it but, if you think Pure would be hotter turned around than it might be the one for you. Hopefully I'll be posting soon. I'd also like to mention I'm sad to see that @WillandChase is gone. RIP.)