Fifteen - Riding and Lying

Sixteen – Riding and Lying

I wake up at around 8:45. Liam lies asleep on his side of the bed rocking his stubble. I didn’t even know he could grow a beard. He’s not really the type to grow it out; but it looks nice on him. I want him to keep it.

"Liam?" No answer. "Li." I call once again. "Li bear?"

"Hm?" He finally answers.

“I like your beard.”

“Thanks.”

“Don’t shave it for a while okay?”

“Okay, that’s fine.” He ends the conversation.

"Could you get up?" I ask.

"Nm, I'm tired."

"But it's 9 now and Saturday."

"Cher, I have a job interview at 1 and I wanna get the rest I missed last night."

"Well if you weren't out so late," I say sarcastically. "Where were you anyways?"

"Doing stuff." Liam says leaving his head stuffed in his pillow.

"Oh wow; duh." I say tickling his side where I know he's most vulnerable.

He giggles cutely and turns over onto his back. I take advantage of the situation and straddle him before heading back to tickling him. It was like a mechanical bull and probably not a good idea. He's a lot bigger than me and with his shifting and laughing I might fall. But I laugh too. I can't help it his laugh is contagious. But on the Brightside he got a chance to take a breather. Then he knocks me off him. With his big smile he gains control and pins my arms down.

"Where’d you go?”

“To look for a job.” He tells me.

“Why?”

“Coz; someone’s gotta help you pay the rent.”

“Okay. But come home please.”

“I will but I want a break; and I can promise a night out tomorrow.”

“Promise?”

“Yes. Just you, me, a restaurant and my exclusive devotion.”

“Hm.” I think for a moment. “Okay, fine. Where are we going, though?"

“That’s a secret.”

“You know I hate secrets.”