Keefe!

I'm gonna put songs so people can listen if they want! Warning tho, this one had some bad language, but the animation breaks and warms my heart. On with the chapter!

"WELL, that was awkward.." a familiar voice said, and Sophie wondered who it might be. Her brain was still processing what had just happened.

A "Shut up Keefe!" Answered her question. Of course Keefe had to comment on their somewhat awkward kiss.

Sophie ignored him, and sat back in the circle, across from Fitz, who was staring at her. She scooted a little closer to Biana and Fitz's eyes wandered to anything besides Sophie.

Sophie suddenly heard Bianas voice in her ears. She was whispering, "By the way, that was more than 45 seconds." And right in cue, Sophie turned beet red.

Their night continued on, until they because very tired. Della burst into the room with large mugs of a hot liquid that tasted like if someone had taken hot chocolate, but melted cake and Hershey's in it. It tasted delightful, and it made them even more sleepy.

They all settled into their respective sleeping bags and dozed off.

•••
Sophie couldn't sleep. So, when the urge to walk around came to her, she didn't hesitate to quietly slip out of the room, and wander the halls of Everglen.

She wasn't sure how long she had been walking for, but her legs started to ache, and she nearly fell asleep.

That is, until she heard a voice in her head.

Hey soph, where are you? Keefe said he felt your emotions "go bezerk" and woke me up.

She jumped. Oh, I couldn't sleep. I'm wandering the halls. Kinda lost, heh..

I'll come find you. What's it look like around you?

I'm by a balcony. There's a picture of you Biana when she was a baby. The curtains on the windows are a pale blue.

Got it, I'll be there soon. And with that, there conversation ended and Sophie settled into a chair nearby, making sure to stay in the area she described to Fitz.

She counted her breaths, and when she hit 1503, a crisp accent rang through the halls.

"Soph?" And with that, a tall boy turned the corner. Fitz. He walked toward her. "Why are you awake? Everyone's worried."

"I couldn't sleep." She said. "A walk sounded nice anyways." She stepped out onto the balcony, Fitz following close behind.

As soon as she saw the lush trees and plant life, she had to catch her breath, Everglen was beautiful. She had never seen it from this height before.

"Those are pures, right?" She asked.

"Sure are." Fitz agreed.

They stood there, in silence, before Sophie let out a yawn and leaned into Fitz. The last thing she heard before she drifted off to sleep was, "Let's get you back to bed.", and then it all went black.

                                  •••
"Well well well if it isn't the almighty Sofitz." Keefe snarky voice said from behind Fitz. He'd been carrying Sophie,  so she could get some sleep on their rather lengthy walk back to their sleeping quarters.

"Listen Keefe, Soph's asleep, so let's not make a big deal out of this, or what happened earlier." But hearing her nickname only seemed to make Keefe angrier.

"Since when do you call her 'Soph'?" And although Fitz couldn't see him, he knew he said it with a glare on his face.

"Not now." Fitz said, trying to keep his cool, and continued walking, his pace quickening.

"Listen here Fitz, I know you think you're some perfect angel who's bound to marry Foster, but believe me when I say you think wrong. Why would she want someone so stuck up and perfect?!" He was yelling at this point, and Sophie curled into Fitz's chest, stirring.

It took everything in his power not to turn around and clobber Keefe. But, with Sophie there, Fitz was able to focus on her, and ignore Keefe. Although, he was well aware of the insulting words coming from behind him.

When they were close to their room, Fitz let out a sigh of relief, and pushed the door open. He tuck Sophie into her sleeping bag, she curled up to Ella.

"Go to bed Keefe. You're just tired." But the scoff that came from the boy proved that he was wide awake.

"Since when did I let you make my life decisions? Now tell me why you kissed Sophie." Keefe shout-whispered.

"A dares a dare, isn't it?" Fitz said with a little anger in his tone. Insulting him was one thing, talking about Sophie with her consciously present was another. But talking about something Sophie was obviously embarrassed about?

"We didn't question you when you kissed Biana. Now I will say it one more time," he said. Standing, Fitz walked over toward Keefe. "Go. To. Bed."

A fist collided with his face, knocking him onto the floor. He stared up at a very angry Keefe.

I have no idea why, but writing this chapter proved to a struggle to me. I felt in inspired, so I went back and reread some of the books. After I felt happy, I finally finished. I'm sorry for the wait, even though here's about 4 of you. But hey, I HAVE FRIGGIN 47 READS. Yes I know, that pathetic, but I never expected more then 5, so thank you. Farewell, and always remember that Sokeefe is a crime.