Matchable at last

So in my last chapter I said the book takes place after flashback. However, in this version of the story, I have aged them all up a little bit. Sophie is 16, Fitz is 17. The other characters, such as Dex and Biana match the new ages based on how different they were in the books.
Enjoy!

Fitz?!" Biana called, knocking on his door. She stepped back and waited patiently.

About twenty seconds later, he opened the door. He motioned for her to come in.

"Did you get it?" He asked, looking a little frantic.

"NoOoOo- OF COURSE I GOT IT!" She pulled a small box from inside the pOcKeT of her cape, handing it to him. "You know I love to shop."

"Awwww thank you!" He reached over and hugged his little sister. She hesitated before hugging him back.

"Oh! I also got her a gift to her from me. She's my bestie too, ya know?!" Biana exclaimed.

"Pffffft whatever you say shortie."

"You know, you're not gonna be able to use that until she's 17 or older." Biana grabbed the wrapped parcel and examined it closely.

"That's only a year." He grabbed package, that resembled a box and opened it. "I can wait. But, I know that's kinda young for humans, so we'll see how it turns out."

"Good luck future Fitz."

"Oden and Dayna Yaro." Sophie told a woman with long, black, and shiny hair. She had great spectacles that added to her pale and strong face.

"It's calculating the results." She said, tapping her fingernails on her glasses. "I'm Yumi." She offered her hand and Sophie shook it.

"You're the Black Swan member, I'm assuming?"

"That would be me. But I'd be careful of your questions and volume. We don't want others to overhear and take them the wrong way. But if they do, we can explain it. You're also very lucky that not many people are registering at the moment and that we only need one matchmaker."

"I really appreciate you doing this. But..does that mean you know who my parents are?"

"Of course I do." It wasn't a satisfying answer though. And Yumi seemed to sense that. So, she added, "I was a part of project Moonlark. I helped your biological parents get ready to donate their DNA. I was even good friends with your father."

The room was silent after that. A loud ding! sounded and green lit up Yumi's face. She turned the screen around, revealing one word that changed it all.

Matchable.

Tears, that Sophie didn't know who's was holding, streamed down her cheeks as she laughed with glee. No longer would she be an unmatchable little girl. No, she was the opposite now.

"Thank you!! Thank you so much!" Sophie thanked, standing up and rushing to Yumi. She hugged her tightly.

"It's no problem." She repeated, stroking Sophie's hair. She let go and handed Sophie a thick packet. "Now, go. I'm sure your knight in shining teal armor is waiting."

Sophie nodded, taking the heavy papers and muttering one last thank you. Then, she headed out the door.

"I just sniff...I just.. WwwwwAHHHHHHHH...! Why does she have to sniff be so sniff grown uuuuuuuup?!" Surprisingly, the crying and questions didn't come from her mother. But Grady of all people.

"I think I broke him..." Sophie said in a worried tone.

"Me too..." Edaline rested her hand on her shoulder. "But nevermind him. I'm sure your dying to go tell you're boyfriend."