Catch Me!

FITZ'S POV:
Sophie looked very cute as she skated around. Heck, she even looked cute hitting into Sandor! I must be the luckiest guy out there. 💙💛

Did I just think hearts?

I brush off the thought and continue to glide around. I'm probably, besides Sophie, the most experienced elf here. As I was looking for Sophie, I stopped in a cold place. I somehow was pushed onto skates by a bunch of blushing, skating, giggling girls.

I skated around idly, just getting the hang of the activity again. Then, I bumped into a shorter blonde girl. Her body twisted and somehow she stayed up.

Meanwhile, I, the so-called second best, fell down. Sophie turned around, her hair flying and yet falling gracefully behind her.

She apologized, offering her hand to me, her pathetic not-really-boyfriend. I was too embarrassed to accept her hand, but I flashed my best smile to prove I was okay and thankful. She turned a deep shade of red.

I grabbed her hand, skating away with her. I rested my hand on her waist and held her hand in my free one.

Her hair covered her face, clearly showing she was trying to hide her blush.

We did this for what felt like hours. She came around and we started joking and laughing. Mainly at me, I kept falling.

It was so nice to see her happy, Laughing. My nightmares are laced with memories of her being hurt. Like when umber found her. Sometimes when I look at her, I still see the blood.

I slow down, thinking of all the times she's been hurt. Too many, I decide. I'll make them regret it, I swear.

NO ONES POV:

Gradys strong voice called out, informing the group that him and Edaline would be heading home. Sophie said she'd go with them, quickly waving good bye to her friends.

While she was looking at their group, she noticed one person missing.

Keefe!

She remembered the night before she invited him. Sure, there was no response, but she figured she'd see him the next day.

He was still on her mind, making it so she didn't even blush when Fitz kissed her on the cheek. Even as she leaped home.

She decided to hail him. She pulled out her imparter. "Show me Keefe Sencen." She said, her voice barely louder than a whisper.

Thirteen tries later, yes she counted, and still no answer. She tried reaching out to him. Apologizing and telling him that they could do something a different day if he wanted.

After five minutes of waiting, and receiving no answer, she took a long shower, changed into her pajamas. She told Edaline and Grady that she was going to bed early.

After eating some dinner, she kissed them both on the foreheads and said goodnight.

Sleep was impossible. She had so many things racing through her head. She didn't even try. School started up tomorrow. Keefe was ignoring her. People were going to see Fitz and her as a couple. And for some reason, she was unhappy. She got to spend time with an amazing boy. One who liked her, kissed her, comforted and cared for her.

She was dragged out of her thoughts as a ringing filled the suddenly empty feeling room. The words KEEFE SENCEN flashed across her imparter.

Quickly, she sat up, grabbing the device from her bedside table and answered . His face appeared.

The area around him must have been his bedroom, considering the pillow that was laying on his face. Mrs. Stinkbottom was also in sight.

"Hey!" Sophie said, happy to finally get some sort of response. "You weren't at the pond today. Is everything okay?"

He pulled the pillow off his face, revealing a new type of emotion she hadn't seen in a while.

Jealousy.

"Sophie," he said, anger mixed into his voice. "You spent the whole day with Fitz. You didn't even give me a second thought."

"Ah! I'm sorry! I invited you and noticed you never came! We can do something tomorrow or—"

"Tomorrow." He sort of demanded.

"Tomorrow." She agreed.

HELLO! I feel like it took less time for me to update this time! So, here's a warning. In the next chapter, you might hate Keefe. No, you WILL hate Keefe. The next chapter deals with physical, mental and sexual abuse. If any of these make you uncomfortable, please refrain from reading the next chapter.

Love you!

Ms.Wood