REALLY?!

I know most of my chapters don't line up or do line up with certain books. This one I feel is best to take place after flashback because I dropped a hint of Oralie in the last chapter, but Sophie is oblivious. Just wanted to make that clear, we're talking about matchmaking today.

In the following weeks of Keefe's tribunal, many things happened. Sophie had people waving to her in the halls and many new people asked if they wanted to be friends.

But the real problem was the fans. Sophie was always aware of the Fitz Fangirls, she named them, and had been teased herself of having fans.

But this? This was something other. Sophie got asked on dates nearly every second of the day.  When she explained that she was kinda with Fitz, they were confused.

"So are you guys actually dating?" They'd ask.

"Well..no but we might as well be." She answered.

"Well, it should be fine since you're not official."

She'd never had to ask that many people to leave her alone in one day.

But it did get her thinking. So, she went to the principals office during the universe, claiming she felt ill.

"Welcome, Sophie." Leto greeted.

"Listen, I know you're refusing to tell me who my parents are-" she started.

"Your parents are Grady and Edaline. They adopted you, need I remind?"

"Not those parents! My biological ones. Listen, I don't even need to know. But the matchmakers do. And even if you did tell me, I wouldn't speak of it to a single soul. You know I can keep a secret." She slammed her hands on his desk for emphasis of her desperation.

"Is this about Fitz?" He questioned.

"Yes...and no. Ever since the tribunal, I've been..asked out on dates. But they don't take me seriously because Fitz and I aren't really together. They often say that I haven't gotten my lists, so it doesn't count. I want it to stop. And besides, we all know I like Fitz. He even said, "'I'm so tired of trying to hide the fact that the only name I want to see on my list is...yours.'"

"He said that?"

"But I won't be on that list if I don't register! That's what you don't understand. He's depending on me. And I already went, they said I was unmatchable. I have no parents as far as I am concerned. Find it in the kindness of your heart to just help out a girl! I'm desperate! I'll do anything." Her voice began to quiver.

"Alright.."

It was a small word. But the history behind it was huge.

Her breath lodged in her throat. She cupped her hand over her mouth and ran over to him, hugging and laughing while crying.

"You have no idea how much this means to me..." she stared in his eyes with great thanks.

"And nor do you to me. It'll be difficult, but I'm sure I can manage to have a black swan member apply at the office and help you out. I'll send you with two code names. Be ready by tomorrow evening."

"Thank you!" She bolted out the door.

"WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!" She raced down the halls as dozens of students stared at her. Her hair was flying behind her and it seemed to give her more energy. She turned the corner and BAM! Straight into Dex.

"Wow! You okay Sophie? You look rather...energetic? Excited?"

Her only response was a giddy laugh as she bolted off once again.

The rest of her classes went by smoothly and she felt like she was doing better than ever before.

And then, the dismissal bell chimed. She rushed to her locker, hoping to get home, sleep and finally be matchable.

Biana and Fitz watched her, confused. "Sophie!" Fitz yelled.

She was still running as she turned around. Her hair flew around her like the shampoo commercials she used to see as a child and Fitz went pink.

"What's got you so excited?" Biana called after her.

"MY PARENTS!!" She turned and ran for the doors.

"HE AGREED?!" Edaline stood up from the dinner table and nearly spat her drink all over.

"You aren't mad?!" Sophie asked. "I felt like it might be kinda..rude in a way because you guys are the only parents I need.."

"Why would we be mad? Sophie, honey, we'll always support whatever you do. If this is what you want, go for it!" Edaline said, slowly sitting down.

"Oh, so I assume that's what those wedding plans were darling? You supporting her?" Grady asked and chuckled when he saw Sophie turn as red as the juice they were drinking.

"Anyways, I'm heading to bed. I have a big day ahead of me!" Sophie said, quickly thanking them for the meal and running up the stairs.