How Keefe Stole Christmas

Sophie woke up to blinding white. Not in the mood, she walked into her closet and got dressed in a red, sleeveless tunic and put on a black skirt that went to her knees. She then ran a brush through her hair and put on a small amount of red eyeshadow. She wanted to dress up for some reason.

After getting ready, she walked over to her window, examining the blinding white.

She rubbed her eyes, and looked out, seeing snow coating the ground. A smile broke out on her face, and she ran and grabbed her iPod.

She tapped the home button, and looked at the date. December 20. Christmas was in five days. But she soon realized that elves don't celebrate Christmas.

That is, until her door was practically broken down by Grady in a white beard and Edaline in a nice red dress.

She yelped, from being startled, and asked, "What are you guys doing?! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" She pressed her hand to her chest for dramatic effect.

"Well..." Edaline said in an almost careful voice," we did some reading on human holidays, and Christmas sounded the most appropriate to celebrate with you, given the weather. We haven't done a lot of fun things recently, and thought this might be a good way for you to have some fun."

The idea sounded amazing. But, "don't I still have school?"

Grady smiled and said, "the council has decided to extend your weekend because the teachers are busy with preparing for some big event they're trying out this year. Meaning, you can celebrate 'Christmas' with us and your friends!"

The situation was messy, she could tell. But hey, she was down for an extended weekend. She smiled, and nodded.

"BOO!" A feminine voice screamed, covering her eyes with a sort of hat. She soon realized that it was Biana, and she must have stuck in when Grady and Edaline entered.

"Haha. Very fu—" she started as she took off the hat and turned to look behind her. Instead of just Biana, there stood all of her friends, wearing Santa hats. Grady and Edaline must have done a LOT of reading.

She smiled and hugged Biana, but then was distracted by Keefe on Fitz shoulders, both of them yelling as Keefe tried to force a hat on Fitz head.

She snorted, bursting out laughing as the two boys turned and looked at her with a puzzled look.

Keefe jumped off of the teal eyed boy and Fitz walked towards her. Picking her up by her waist and lifting her in the air.

To everyone, this might have looked weird, and it was. But she started laughing, only thinking to say, "I'M TALLER THAN ALL OF YOUUUUU!" And then Sandor walked in. DANGIT.

When Fitz FINALLY let her down, he pulled her into a hug, whispering in her ear, "Merry Christmas Soph."

She instantly turned bright red, and all she heard was a lot of screaming before she passed out.

Leave it so Sofitz to kill Sophie.

The scentence floated around her head, unsure of where it was coming from.

Maybe she wasn't ready to be out of bed.

This time it was a different voice, older, and concerned. When she found the courage to wake up, she found Elwin and Keefe, connecting the voices from there wasn't so hard.

"Oh! You're awake. Here," Elwin said, reaching for an exlixir," this should help." She wasn't sure if she wanted to know what the thick liquid was, thanks to it's scent.

She poured it down her throat, and to her surprise, the elixir wasn't nasty. It had no taste which made no sense.

"Alright, I think you should be good to walk around. And you should hurry. Grady is basically screaming at Fitz for making you pass out." Elwin explained, chuckling.

She scowled, but threw the covers to the side and ran down to the first floor where she ran elegantly and looked beautiful while doing so. Just kidding, she tripped. And the air caught her, which turned out to be Biana. She thanked her and walked to where Edaline was holding back an angry Grady. Fitz stood there, wide eyed.

She cleared her throat, getting everyones attention. "I know you're all new to this Christmas thing, but this is supposed to be the season of joy and kindness." She said the last word with a slight glance at Grady. "Please try not to murder Fitz."

"Fine." Grady said, sighing and looking at Fitz. "I'm sorry for yelling. Just..try not to make her faint next time, okay?"

Fit nodded, and apologized to both Grady and Edaline. Then he turned to Sophie, grabbing her hand. "I'm..sorry Sophie. I need to stop being so weird around you."

"Hey, it's fine. I like weird." She said, her face flushing.

"Well," he said with a smirk. "Then I'll be—"

"WHAT. IS. THAT?!" Keefe shouted, looking at a book. Sophie walked over to him, where he was reading a Christmas page about elves.

"Oh no." She sighed, putting her palm to her forehead.

"WHERE CAN I GET ONE?! IT'S SO WEIRD, I NEED IT." Keefe shouted, and Sophie explained what humans thought elves were for during Christmas.

Much laughing and crying later, Keefe had calmed down, and was now pouring over the pages, in hopes of finding how to adopt one.

"Anyways," Edaline said, getting Sophie's attention. "We noticed humans decorate trees, and we had a fun idea. What do you say we decorate Callas tree? We don't have to, but I'd feel awful cutting one down and killing it."

"Are you kidding? That's brilliant! But..where are we going to get decorations?" Sophie asked.

Edaline snapped, and dozens of packages of ordinands appeared. They had a LOT of tree decorating to do. 

OKAY! Chapter done! I haven't been uploading a lot, what else is new, but I'm babysitting and needed to work. I am going to keep up with the series, no matter what! And hey! At the time of typing this I think we have 666 or more reads! (Don't quote me on that, I'm too lazy to check) OOOO MY MOM GOT HOT CHOCOLATE! Anyways guys, thank you for being a part d my family, and I will see ya!

~Ms.Wood