Day two

A quick thank you to all my readers for 200 followers! I've never been one for sappy thank yous, so let's head straight into the chapter. And lastly, this is Devil on my Shoulder, by Faith Marie. Enjoy~!

A small creature landed on Sophie's chest as she slept. She subconsciously pushed off the thing and pulled the blanket closer to her.

The word, "bite" popped into Sophie's mind and she jolted awake. Iggy stared back at her, his big beady eyes filled with anger and hurt.

"Sorry Iggy!" She called out as the little fur ball skirted off.

Sophie dragged herself out of bed, feeling surprisingly well rested. She walked into the closet and pulled on her uniform.

As she passed her vanity, she decided she'd apply a pink lip gloss to her lips and some peachy blush on her cheeks and nose. Next, she found a thing that resembled mascara.

She never really wore makeup, but things weren't how they normally were right now.

Grady and Edaline we're sitting on the couch, drinking cups of tea and laughing. "Good morning sweetheart!" They would say happily.

School was uneventful. Except for the fact that it wasn't. There was too much drama happening recently and it wasn't to Sophie's liking. 

During orientation, Keefe lashed out a several people because they asked him if he was okay. And yet, that was the least disturbing one. 

While Sophie was walking to the lunch room, she felt so many pairs of eyes on her. She rushed ahead, escaping their glares. However, the seclusion wasn't on her side. 

Keefe rounded the corner and once their eyes made contact, his brows furrowed. He paced towards her, speeding up when he saw her look for other people. Maybe a place to hide in? A large crowd?

He grabbed her wrist, pleading, "Please Sophie! Just hear me out."

Shadows crept across her face and he let go of her as she stood there with her head down, and hair covering her eyes.

"If you would only lis--" Keefe started.

"Oh, and I'm assuming you heard me out when you did..that to me?! Keefe," she stepped forward and placed a hand on his cheek. "you should just stop now, before something, or someone bites back. Oh wait! That someone is me!"

The hand resting on his face collided with his cheek, the impact knocking him off balance as he stumbled to the ground.

Large groups of people cheered her on, and some even laughed. The once praised, loved boy was now hated and broken.

He stood back up, taking a weak step forward. Fury raced through her veins, and she was no longer that weak, bullied, hidden girl she was in her human life. She was mean, thirsty for revenge.

She raised her hand, curling it into a fist. Before it could reach the boy, however, something grabbed it.

The hand spun her around, holding her other wrist in their hand. Fitz stood there, fear and sadness in his eyes. 

"LET ME GO!" Sophie screamed, balling her fists and trying to pull away. Fitz, however, had no intention of letting her free. 

"Sophi-" He started.

"NO! YOU WEREN'T THERE! YOU'RE NOT ME! YOU WOULD DO THE SAME IF YOU WERE ME!" She retorted as her eyes blurred and she felt tears fall. The swarm of people that now swarmed the three of them murmured. 

The thrashing had turned violent, and all Sophie wanted to do was be free. She felt the very walls surrounding them begin to shrink, closing themselves in on her. Fear and desperation, however, soon fell short.

However, Sophie heard none of it as the ringing and sobbing blocked her hearing. 

Fitz pulled her close and yelled to the crowd. "Why are you still standing here?! SCRAM!"

Biana, Dex, the twins, and many more of their friends approached the scene, their eyes widening. 

Their beloved friend had her face buried in Fitz's chest, the only thing showing was her straight, long blonde hair.

"Sophie!" Biana and Dex chimed at the same time. 

"Fitz, what happened?!" Biana demanded. Keefe's startled expression and Sophie's trembling hands told the story. She cupped a hand over her mouth, darting to her best friend to comfort her. "Honey, are you ok--?!".

She was cut off by Sophie tackling her and digging her face into her shoulders. "I..I d-didn't mean t-to. It j-just h-happened.." Hiccups broke up Sophie's words. 

"Oh darling..." Biana said with a saddened tone, she hugged Sophie tighter and the two of them sank to the floor, clinging onto each other for dear life.

I'm sorry this chapter was sorta short, I've been really stumped, unmotivated and sad recently. I didn't know if this chapter needed a trigger warning, but if I offended you in any way I'm very sorry! Anyways, it's almost midnight here so I'mma publish this and head to bed. Goodnight my dears, love,

Ms.Wood