Unreal

The words hung there, but Sophie nor Fitz knew what to say anymore. Then she remembered something, "You read my mind?"

I couldn't help it. His ashamed voice thought. I called your name several times and you didn't answer me so I got worried.

Ugh! Why was this super awkward. I mean, it must have been obvious that Sophie liked Fitz, but boys can be bLinD and oBlIvIoUs.

If you read my mind, which I'm not mad about, then I guess there's no point in denying it. But the real question is..for how long have you liked me? She must have left her brain in the house, because she wasn't thinking about what consequences could come out of the conversation.

His mental voice sounded ashamed as he said After you healed my dad.

That long?! She'd thought it, but since their minds were connected, he heard it.

That long..I'm sorry. It's been hard to keep that to myself ever since our kiss..and I know it's selfish to just dump this info on you, but I couldn't help it from you anymore.. I'-

Sophie severed their connection. She knew this would startle Fitz, but she NEEDED to see him. She couldn't teleport to Everglen because she didn't have anyone to open the gate, so her only option was to teleport.

She raced past pastures, and when she reached the gate leading to the cliff, she didn't hesitate to use her DNA to open it. She didn't care about how she got kidnapped around this area, how many dumb clues the Black Swan left. She didn't even care about how her nose burned remembering the sweet drugs. She just jumped off, and split the sky, plummeting into the void.

       E
            V
                  E
                        R
                              G
                                   L
                                        E
                                             N

The thunder cracking the sky didn't lead Sophie to inside the gates of Everglen.

It lead her into the bedroom of a frightened boy, with familiar teal eyes.

AlVaR—I'm kidding. Don't even start.

"S-Sophie? What are you doing in my room?" Fitz asked, clearly still shaken up.

"This isn't the gates.." Sophie said, ignoring Fitz's question. Everything with her abilities were going wild.

"After our little..chat..I decided we should see each other. It makes it easier I guess. Uses less mental energy, and in already tired. Teleporting wore me out." 

"Aren't Grady and Edaline going to get worried? I mean, teleporting can be pretty loud, and— you're bleeding!"

She hadn't noticed the small trails of blood that had been streaming down her cheek and chin until he'd pointed it out.

"I'm fine." She wiped her the blood away— or at least she tried to. It irritated it more, and more blood poured out.

Before she could blink, Fitz pulled out an elf version of what had to be a med kit. He began treating her scratched, and a quick elixir took away the slight pain she was feeling.

For some reason, this took her years back. To a time when she used a brain push, and she went flying into the trees, blinking in and out of sight in the process. If she was recalling correctly, Fitz had said the same thing.

"You're bleeding."

Don't mind any if the spelling errors. Didn't feel like proof reading.I know this was a short chapter, but I've been distracted. I wasn't feeling the best and I'm sorry. But hey, we have like 200 reads! That's a plus.