Our Enimies Are Close

This is Sarcasm by Get Scared! It's such a great song and so fitting for Sophie at this point in the story. That was a bad joke. I've been trying to not incorporate song lyrics into chapters, but no promises. If you listen to the songs you'll know. ONWARD!

"H-How did I die but I'm...alive?" Sophie's shaky voice asked.

"Livvy has been working as a physician for much longer than me, so she knew way more tricks." Elwin explained. "It took MANY tries, but we got that heart of yours beating again."

"Yes," Livvy agreed "however it works better on adults. I've never done it on a teenager."

But Sophie had two questions. "What did you do?" But she got the disappointing answer, "It's a secret." And the message was delivered with a wink.

Sophie took a deep breath in, both wanting and not wanting an answer to her next question. "How was Umber alive? We saw her dead body." Sophie said before she could chicken out.

Livvy froze. She even looked kinda fidgety too..something was going on.
She tried to cover up her nervousness by laughing and saying, "Neverseen must have a good physician as well!"

The answer sounded odd. And when the thought of reading her mind was formed, she didn't hesitate to tell Fitz, who was against it, saying she needed to rest and save her strength. But there was no convincing her otherwise as she entered Livvy's head.

The sharp, yet organized, thoughts of Livvy, the one who supposedly saved her life filled Sophie's head.

She imagined herself strolling down what seemed like halls of memories. The ones she wasn't focusing on were blurry in her peripheral vision. But she seemed to be drawn to a certain memory.

When she had reached it, she felt the hair in her neck stand up straight before she even watched it.

The memory seemed to be from Livvy's perspective. She was bent down and was pouring elixirs down someone's throat.

Through squinted eyes, Sophie recognized the figure to be the one who made her come to this healing center. Umber.

Sophie's eyes shot open, her breathing became heavy as she clenched Fitz's hand who had furrowed his brows. Her other hand was taken by Livvy.

She couldn't help herself as she screamed, "Don't touch me!" And yanked her hand away from the woman. A surprised expression was now painted across everyone's faces. Well, everyone except Fitz, who must have also seen what Sophie did.

Without another word, Fitz helped her her to her feet, and wrapped his hand around her waist, somehow knowing she needed to be close to him, and far from Livvy. Any other day she would have gone bright red, but she just found out they had a traitor.

A traitor. That's what she had. That's what she was. Which made her wonder what she had done to Sophie that could be used to harm Sophie more than the was harmed.

"You have to tell us what's wrong Sophie. We can't help you otherwise.." Edaline sadly stated. She'd lost a daughter before, and Sophie couldn't begin to imagine what it felt for her adoptive parents to have to deal with her near deaths.

She said something else, but she tuned her out and closed her eyes. She felt weak, but her rage was fueling her. She clung to Fitz as her vision started to fade to a crimson red.

The only thing she saw was Livvy, and her worried yet nervous look. Her anger seemed to shoot out of her, but it didn't knock out everyone. Just Livvy, and soon her knees gave out.

"We'd better leave. Sophie doesn't look up to this." Grady said, walking over and scooping Sophie up. He ruffled Fitz's hair and told him the were needing to have a talk. "Sandor, would you mind taking Livvy to the council while she is still unconscious? I'll make sure everyone is safe. I'll take Sophie home."

~~~
Sophie's eyes fluttered open as she heard two familiar voices speak. One seemed older and one a lot younger than the first.

She was going to announce her awakening but shortly heard her name. Interested, and curious, she listened closely.

"Look, I know you really like Sophie, and believe me, Edaline has started planning your wedding. But..I don't know. She's my daughter, and I love her and don't want her to get hurt." Grady said, and Sophie could feel her face flush.

"I know sir. But I love her, I would never do anything to hurt her."

The answer was short and sweet. And she decided she wasn't going to pretend to be sleeping anymore. She cleared her throat, getting everyone's undivided attention.

Grady and Edaline turned towards her, along with a boy who upon seeing her turned a deep red.

Fitz had Iggy on top of his head, the small creature chewing on his now messy hair.

A snort then a laugh burst out of her upon seeing this sight. Fitz only seemed to turn a darker hue.

But then Iggy made a very cute noice and flapped his wings, sending himself towards Sophie.

Who knew Imps could be so nice. Sophie thought

Not to my hair, though. Fitz's voice rang through her head, startling her and making her fall off her bed with a yelp.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to transmit back." Fitz said out loud, further confirming the looks on Sophie's parents faces.

"Ah, young love." Edaline said in a sing song voice, as Fitz walked over and offered Sophie his hand. They both turned bright red.

"Okay, I think it's time for Fitz to go. Ahahhahaha." Sophie announced, speaking very fast as she pushed Fitz towards the door, leaving him outside of her bedroom.

She then ran to her bathroom and before anyone could talk to her, drew a warm bath and lied in the warm water.