My Office

Trigger warning, this chapter contains direct talking about sexual abuse. If this makes you uncomfortable, please skip this chapter, or stop reading this book. Every chapter based on the subject in the future will have a warning. Enjoy!

The bell chiming they end of lunch rang, but they didn't care. Biana and Sophie were still clinging to each other as their group, minus Keefe, walked to the principals office.

Sophie's voice was weak, strained. Fitz explained the whole story and her friends took it surprisingly well, shedding few tears. But still tears none the less.

"Ms. Foster?" Magnate Leto asked as their massive group stepped into his office. "Well, I guess I should say, 'half the school?' Heh."

No one laughed.

He cleared his throat. "What can I do for you?"

And so Sophie somehow mustered up the courage to retell the story. The principals eyes widened and tears fell. It was reasonable, Sophie was basically his daughter.

He stood, rushing over to her and wrapping her in a huge hug. He motioned for the others to join.

Biana was the first to join, grasping Sophie's hands and not letting go. After what seemed like ages, most of their group backed away, but Biana rested her head in Sophie's lap.

"I will speak to the council right away. You're all dismissed for the rest of the day." Leto said, pulling his imparter out of his pocket. "Kartera Inu." A woman answered the hail, greeting him and they made their way for the door.

They heard one thing as they stepped out;

"Get Keefe Sencen. Now."

Later that day, when school was over, Edaline and Grady knocked on her door.

"Come in!" She said, continuing to do homework as they stepped in. She set her pencil down, hopping off her bed and waking towards them. "What's..?"

They held a scroll, with the official seal of the council.

"It's addressed to you. We didn't read it, but we'd love to know what it is.." Edaline said, handing her the paper.

She cleared her throat, unrolling it and stirring up her confidence. "'Dear Ms. Foster, we'd like for you to attend the tribunal taking place in two days.' Wait what?! I..I don't remember doing anything worthy of a tribunal!"

"Are you sure that's all it says?" She felt silly and embarrassed as she noticed there were more words.

"'We know you might be wondering what you have done. The answer? Nothing. We'd like for you attend Mr. Keefe Sencen's tribunal. Recent  news has informed us that he has committed a crime that has never happened, but still calls for punishment. We'd like your hand in our decisions. Sincerely, The Council.'"

Wow.

"How did they find out? Did something happen at school hun?!" Grady asked.

"Kinda. It doesn't matter. I..I'm going."

"You are? Sophie, don't feel like you need to. They said they'd like if you came, not you have to go." Edaline reached for her hand.

"If I can help in anyway, and be rid of this quilt and mental torment I am enduring, I'll do anything."

"Alright."

Two days later and what had to be the entire world was in one hall. The tribunal hall.

Thousands of elves, even more in the over flow, waited impatiently for justice to be taken.
Once the council had finally appeared, the room went silent.

Sophie sat in one of the chairs on the stage. She decided to look nice. Her long blonde hair was twisted into a sleek ponytail, flowers and braids weaving through.

Her makeup was neutral, yet glam at the same time. She wore a burgundy gown that was cut to expose her back. The neckline was also perfect, giving ample room to show her proof.

She never thought, in all her life, that Keefe would betray her. Again.

Emery cleared his throat. "We thank you all for coming here today to support Ms. Foster and her friends. Note that everything said and  shown is 100% honest."

The room remained with it's silence. "Then I assume that means we have the all clear to start." Oralie announced.

An hour passed by before everyone involved shared their side of the story. Including every one of Sophie's friends.

"Ms. Foster?" Emery asked. She had been fiddling with her nails and trying to keep her tears in. "Would you like to join us?"

He waved towards thrones. She paced over, giving a messy curtsy.

"We feel..." Bronte said, now taking the stage. "What punishment is to be given be by you decision."

The room erupted into shouts and confusion.

Bronte continued. "As a council, we like to be as fair and forgiving as we possibly can. Perhaps Ms. Foster deciding the boys punishment will be more settling and satisfying."

A long silence followed. Thousands of torment ways and places came to mind. He'd done so much, not only his most recent mistake. Betrayal. Near murder. Haunting nightmares. Sophie had endured all of these. In fact, she died. And how did Umber find her? Perhaps Keefe?

"Am I to assume I am any better than him by giving him a sentence?" Sophie walked towards the chair that Keefe was siting in. "I begged you to stop. I wasn't even going to tell anyone. You had your chances . I've given you many. YOU MADE YOUR CHOICES!"

"And now I hope you'll make them in exile."