Reminiscent

This song is Yes & no by XYLØ. It is explicit, but I miss the f word when it uses it. Thank you so much for reading my story, even if it is somewhat depressing.

"Okay, so it's settled. We'll do siblings VS. cousins!" Biana announced.

They each agreed. Sophie and Dex had chosen a rather unique tree as their base. It's roots were showing, the ancient looking tree had brown and maroon swirled throughout, topped off with large branches and golden leaves.

Biana, against Fitz's will, chose a completely pink tree. Every section a darker shade than the last. The leaves that had fallen were even keeping their color, turning a fluorescent pink.

Sophie wanted to bleach her eyes. She didn't know what it was, but she was never one for getting all dressed up and liking girly things.

Nevertheless, they raced off. Fitz looked like he wanted to get as far from the tree as possible, so he wasn't against running away.

They all split, and Sophie started her journey with a sprint. The thick forest seemed to be assisting her. Places she knew had rocks or obstacles, thanks to her photographic memory, were gone.

As she ran through the trees, she turned and saw a striking pair of blue eyes.

But not Fitz's.

Kenric.

She blinked, rubbing her eyes and seeing that the figure had disappeared.

But behind where figure was previously standing, she saw teal. Something in her pulled her out of her trance and she wizzed past Biana. "SOPHIEEEEEE!" Biana called out.

Sophie stopped, sinking to the ground and getting into a running position. She gathered her energy, calming her heart as she willed her legs to carry her.

Not a second before Biana almost touched Sophie, she pushed off the ground and raced at insane speeds. A blur of pink was insight.

She saw Fitz and Dex laying on the ground with mud streaking their clothes. It was obvious he had tagged him because of the giant mud handprint on Dexs back.

This gave her the determination to not break her run. The fluorescent pink leaves crunched beneath her feet as she touched the tree.

Biana stumbled into the clearly, wide eyed. Dex and Fitz copied her expression. They looked her as to say, "what the f-?!".

She shrugged in response, stating at her feet. But not in embarrassment, in wonder and pure amazement. Wow.

After that, they all headed inside, heading to the living room. Della saw them, and spat the tea she was drinking onto Alden, who was reading scrolls.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CLOTHES?!" Della demanded, and Alden grabbed a cloth, off the hot drink.

They were rushed into bathrooms and closets. However, Sophie didn't have any clothes. She called for Fitz, and when he didn't answer, she transmitted to him. He said he's be down once he was done showering.

While she waited, she stared at her complexion in the bathroom. Her hair had gotten rather long, and it just have been the medicines she had been taking since she arrived in the eleven world. But she must have had a growth spurt in her hair, because she's couldn't remember it being that long. It now reached her waist.

Maybe I should change the color? Or maybe cut it?

She wrapped herself in a towel, with water still dripping off of her. She heard a knock on the door.

Opening it up, she found Fitz with a pile of clothes. He looked down at her, and turned a bright pink. That's when she realized she was only in a towel. She covered up her chest and stepped to the side. Fitz walked into the room, and sat down the clothes.

"Thank you." Sophie mumbled.

She looked down, stepping closer to the bathroom. A sharply accented Sophie rang out as she turned around and was pushed into a corner.

Fitz pressed his face closer to hers, and she turned a bright red. Their lips connected for what felt like forever. She should be enjoying this, but something in her hated it.

When they parted, Fitz's eyes drifted to her neck. Then his eyes went wide.

"Sophie." Fitz said, demanding her attention. "What is in you neck?!"

The blood drained from her face, she covered up her neck, and her towel slipped down a little more. It revealed the top of her chest, and Fitz noticed the marks on that too.

"Sophie! What..where did you get these?!"

When she wouldn't speak, she felt a tug in her mind.

A few long minutes went by as Fitz went silent.

Then it hit her. He was reading her mind. She pushed him back, needing room to breathe. He knew. Fitz knew.

"Sophie.. I'm so so—" he rose to comfort her.

"Stop!" She screamed, holding out her hand. "Please..I'm..I'm scared."

Tears filled her eyes. They leaked down her checks, refusing to stop the constant flow.
This time, she didn't refuse the embrace Fitz wrapped her in. He held her close to her chest as they sat on the ground.

She was a mess recently.

The tears stained his shirt, and she started hiccuping as she held her tightly against him. While all of this happened, Fitz replayed what he had seen in Sophie's mind.

A much younger Keefe and Fitz raced through the halls of Foxfire. They each ran around, eating Prattles and laughing.

After a whole hour of this, they both sank onto the ground. School had gotten out, and they were waiting for their parents for some special event he couldn't remember.

"Fitz," Keefe said, turning and facing him. "You're my best friend. I promise I'll never do anything to make you hate me. Ugh, that was cheesy."

They chuckled, the two best friends agreeing.

"I promise I'll never do anything to make you hate me." Fitz mumbled. Of course they didn't know of Sophie at that time.

He used his telekinesis to bring the clothes over to her. She looked up at him, sadness filling her amazingly brown eyes.

"Do you want to get dressed?" He asked, she nodded against his chest.  

He helped her into the bathroom and even into her clothes. They should have been embarrassed, but he just wanted to help her.

Fitz made a mental note to add Keefe to his list of people who had hurt Sophie, and he sook revenge for his love.